what have you done to your car today ?

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
Run engine flush, dropped oil and filter, dropped sump and cleaned, removed and cleaned oil pick up pipe, refitted and refilled with oil, then looked at me new injectors and thought "nah sod it I'll do em Monday" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it bad? Mine needs doing and iv got everything for an oil change, but don't want to change the oil again till iv got all the crap out of it with a flush :)

I read on one forum that lacquer thinners is really good at getting the deposits off and that you should also do the rocker cover at the same time.

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Was it bad? Mine needs doing and iv got everything for an oil change, but don't want to change the oil again till iv got all the crap out of it with a flush :)

I read on one forum that lacquer thinners is really good at getting the deposits off and that you should also do the rocker cover at the same time.

A lot of people disagree with engine flush completely! but if you are going to do it, like I did, then use a proper engine flush, done use anything that isn't supposed to go in an engine! I have a leon cupra mk1 180 bhp, it wasn't too ad to do, but it was made easier by having access to a ramp at work! the most difficult bit I found was the 4 bolts hidden up near the flywheel! but it is totally doable! in my experience working in garages, engine flush will break away the harmful deposits and drop them to the bottom of the sump, so I have only used flush as I was removing the sump, or them deposits get stuck in the oil pick up gauze!
anyway, what I did as, run engine flush at a fast idle for 10 minutes, drained oil, then reoved the sump and cleaned this and the oil pick up, and changed the filter, then replaced sump, new filter and fresh oil :)

Brick_Top

Aug 10, 2015
Bristol, UK
Went to remove inlet engine cover, both Phillips bolts seized and rounded off. Drilled the heads off and found suitable replacements.

Snapped a drill bit. And the dipstick handle.

Attempted thermostat replacement but ran out of time and patience on bottom bolt.

All in all an epic fail today.

Will try again tomorrow.

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
A lot of people disagree with engine flush completely! but if you are going to do it, like I did, then use a proper engine flush, done use anything that isn't supposed to go in an engine! I have a leon cupra mk1 180 bhp, it wasn't too ad to do, but it was made easier by having access to a ramp at work! the most difficult bit I found was the 4 bolts hidden up near the flywheel! but it is totally doable! in my experience working in garages, engine flush will break away the harmful deposits and drop them to the bottom of the sump, so I have only used flush as I was removing the sump, or them deposits get stuck in the oil pick up gauze!
anyway, what I did as, run engine flush at a fast idle for 10 minutes, drained oil, then reoved the sump and cleaned this and the oil pick up, and changed the filter, then replaced sump, new filter and fresh oil :)

No you narna :rofl: the lacquer thinners is for actually cleaning the sump and cam cover whilst off the car, iv used engine flush without issues in the past, did you find much crap in the sump?

Edit: I can see the confusion in my post though lol!
Edit edit: and the cam cover probably will have remenants of crud in it even after a flush as its not bathed in oil like most other parts.

Last edited:

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Thank god for that! I thought it was being the nana lol well confusion sorted! Yeah there was a fair bit of crap in the sump, and a lot more burnt on stuff in there too, but all clean and running sweet now lol

Bony

May 15, 2015
Berkshire
Thought I'd check the PCV piping and found out some of it's made of cheese when it fell apart in my hand, bit of copper tube/jubilee clips/insulation tape and hopefully it'll get me to work and back while I consider a catch can install.

Then found out the drivers side back seat carpet is soaking wet, the list is getting longer! :)

Bert

Tom AKA Bert
Mar 3, 2015
Rochester, Kent
Just about to start fixing the broken injector clip, replacing all 4 as don't fancy using 1/4 tank of fuel in 2 miles again!!!!!!

djdommyp

Feb 19, 2014
Hertfordshire
Fitted bucket seats and harnesses, and an Omp steering wheel and boss

39ff2491ddb513377a2a12cce20f252d.jpg
69374949af729f0b2e7469944c333c50.jpg

Brick_Top

Aug 10, 2015
Bristol, UK
Removed my front door cards, replaces OEM tweeters and woofers with Hertz dieci 165s. Sounds so much better.

A bit of hot melt glue to install the tweeters, and tucked the crossovers next to the window motors.

Burnzybubbles

Jul 8, 2015
My cupra got put to one side yesterday whilst I got dirty with the Audi, head gasket mating surfaces got cleaned and the head got bolted to the block and all timed up ready to bolt the rest on, couple of pictures if your interested.

All bolted together again after waiting an age to get all the bits together.

Looking forward to having it finished and hearing it purr again [B)]

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Replaced the loom and central locking unit in drivers door. Also fitted a replacement rear wiper motor. and sorted the leak that was spraying washer fluid into the motor instead of onto the rear window!