what have you done to your car today ?

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Haha i no I was taking the piss haha nightmare of a job, once it's off it will never sit on straight again and that's if you get it off, if you don't get it off, the middle clip will prob burst the middle of the plastic, good luck

Last edited:

Danio

May 17, 2016
Meh that's OK, I'll jus be brave and Attack it.. If it breaks then I'm weight saving ;)

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
awesome.jpg

In a Golf GTI sandwich having its 50k service at Awesome GTI.

One squeaky Milltek exhaust and one missing drop link bolt sorted.

ChrisKav1971

May 20, 2016
East Lancashire
Took it for a 260mile run to the Lake District and back!! :D
Still got half a tank of due left and also had the pleasure of putting some pup in a Corsa SXi in his place at Whalley lights ;) :p I think he was trying to impress his lady, ooops :)

TDi 1 - 0 SXi

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Took it for a 260mile run to the Lake District and back!! :D
Still got half a tank of due left and also had the pleasure of putting some pup in a Corsa SXi in his place at Whalley lights ;) :p I think he was trying to impress his lady, ooops :)

TDi 1 - 0 SXi

Haha nice one. At the lights next to Spring Wood?

ChrisKav1971

May 20, 2016
East Lancashire
Yep, I wasn't bothered but caught him looking across and then he revved it, big mistake!!!
The gauntlet had been thrown down, I can resist everything but temptation :D He followed me into Harwood but hung back :) Must admit I'm loving this car, far better than the Mk4 Golf 20vt I had :thumbup: :yes:

ChrisKav1971

May 20, 2016
East Lancashire
It's still on the road, sold it my neighbour's son for £200 Cat D, it was written off due to paintwork scrape all the way down the near side, nothing structural or mechanically wrong with it. It was a nice and tidy car for the year

Danio

May 17, 2016
Plugged in to the car and cleared a load of fault codes, still some left but be alright! Carried out a few courtesy checks, top up fluids, tyre pressures etc, had an air con regas and then carried out an N249 bypass/removal..

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Went out for a barbie with my son and misses, and took loads of good photos of my car, hears few of them lol

image_zpsu8rb7muw.png

image_zpsvruj5zmy.png

image_zpsgocxmotv.jpeg

image_zps6hqygwji.jpeg

Last edited:

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
I changed spark plugs and coil packs due to a misfire. Discovered it was a damaged electrical connection on coil 1 and 2. Got the clips sorted and locked in place and it worked perfect again.
I suppose new sparks and coils are only a good thing :p

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
You will prob notice better mpg with new coils and plugs, what plugs did you get? NGK ones are the best for our car, I just paid £45 for a set of 4 lol massive difference in the car.

Upia

Nov 30, 2015
Derbyshire
I got some BKR7E NGK ones, they were the ones that were already in the car.
And yes it does seem slightly better on fuel and it seems to be smoother too so I'm not bothered about having to replace them.
Need to work on my list of things to do.
Any info on getting the cd changer out of the glovebox?

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

Bigjohn84

Intagram / johnyoung84
May 5, 2015
Take the plastic surround of that's going round the changer then undo the torque screws you see then pull out and unplug, done lol

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members