what have you done to your car today ?

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Car spent the day in the garage for oil leak/s investigation. Been steam cleaned for a blank canvas as oil had sprayed every where underneath. Will be checked again in a week. Cue... In the End, (linkin park) :cry:

Haze

Oct 21, 2014
Had a service today, cobra non res cat back fitted, Badger 5 TIP fitted and a remap.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Buy cheap and all that..was ok untill I took it off and give it a bang, gone back to stock box set up today as I had another cheap air filter about till I could get to euro. Staying stock box set up now and forever. Was very lucky I think.
8d248afa6740f046b82587d99a05195a.jpg
7dccba0a89f15ad75c7df3776c1cbf90.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hks

A counterfit HKS though. They have a great rep on jap motors, a real HKS wouldn't fall apart like that. Shocking state! Was probably doing f*ck all in terms of filtration, I'd definitely be asking for a refund from wherever you bought it.

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
That's what made me look at it because the car seemed to struggle..like it was choking/stalling at about 4.5k then would come back to life. You're probably right on the so called branding issue, funny thing...a copy of a Chinese made filter, what is the world coming to lol

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Listened to a lovely crunching sound from my passenger side electric window.

:censored:

Only managed to get it 7/8ths of the way back up on my lunch break. Hope it doesn't rain before I get it looked at.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Listened to a lovely crunching sound from my passenger side electric window.

:censored:

Only managed to get it 7/8ths of the way back up on my lunch break. Hope it doesn't rain before I get it looked at.

Had that. Have you tried opening door and sandwiching the glass between your hands to pull it up.
Sometimes helps to pull the switch st the same time. But need another hand for that.

Sent from me!

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
I did mate. I'll pop round my mates on way home and get another pair of hands on it. Hopefully get it closed properly until I can get it repaired tomorrow.

Had the exact same thing happen on my 2003 Ibiza.

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Window regulator. Not an expensive repair if you do it yourself, but it'll cost you a couple of hours. There's a guide knocking about somewhere.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Where did you go in the end? Cost?

Turbo done. Cost me 380 for a recon turbo. 275 fitting. 28 in gaskets and 16 quid antifreeze. Pretty fair I think and all in for less than a brand new turbo.
Now it's off to R Tech or Badger for a custom map.

Sent from me!

Last edited:

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Got the electric window fixed. Ended up being £100 (£50 for the relay and £50 labour).

Not too bad. I'd still rather have the cash in my pocket though! :)

ferriss1

Feb 8, 2016
leicestershire
coil pack.........

on way home from work and went to give her a boot full as e36 m3 up my arse and she just spluttered and didnt give anything............limp her to the nearest parts shop and bought a single coil.....went through 1 by 1 through the cylinders and got the last 1 with no difference..............as i was plugging it in to the last 1 sweating and praying it would work. (bearing in mind im in aldi car park) i turned her over and THANK GOD shes purring once again..........:D:D:D

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Didn't do a thing with it today for a change, did inquire into revo map for 1.8t at quottro tech in Peterborough early this week and they got back to me with £358.80 Inc vat.

....saying that...it's 9pm and I've got to go grab some food let's see who's down that private road

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Just blew a coil and limped her home for 2 mile. Sort it in the morning.

Morning came..put an old one in I had..just blew after a little hard driving, guess I'm off to euro.

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Had the torque app on today buy chance as I never do this normally and come across a Integra type r and this other civic coupe, long story short I beat them both and this Astra all on the same private road "must be busy on Sunday's here" and then looked at the app after!! Omg...I'm surprised I didn't detonate into space pic of screen shot.
4363a3c4c6ad88dde4add4a862bad207.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.