what have you done to your car today ?

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Traded it in for a Mk3 because I'd reached the end of my patience with it.

Technically that was Saturday though.

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
New rules for mot

The test will also make it harder for diesel cars to pass the test as part of the crackdown on cars producing ‘dirty’ and toxic emissions.*

Diesel particulate filters (DPF) will now be rigorously checked and if it is found to have been removed or tampered with the car will fail .*

In addition to this the smoke limit test will also become stricter.*

So I read this as... if a copper is having a bad day he "could" remove you from the road or send you to an mot station.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Mk1's don't have DPF's :)
Oh...didn't know that not into TDI but see that so thought I'd mention it. Smoke I think is going to be the thing that gets you pulled over...how far are the government going to go to get these older cars off the road? Time will tell.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
The government won't stop until we have no choices on anything we do. Classic 1984, take away things you enjoy, self policing, stop freedom of speech or thought. They want us all to be robots who drive the same sh8 & be easy to manage. :censored: (Sorry to rant)

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
The government won't stop until we have no choices on anything we do. Classic 1984, take away things you enjoy, self policing, stop freedom of speech or thought. They want us all to be robots who drive the same sh8 & be easy to manage. :censored: (Sorry to rant)
Was a good day when she died yeah I said it and I don't care what anyone thinks, ruined the country to stay in power and lied to us about ozone layer crap which still cost us millions/billions each year.
Proof is out there showing she lied and ozone is make believe, I'm glad she doesn't really have a legacy except being hated by the people of the UK.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom

Have considered one myself as look like a good replacement over the standard part with no springs to set, etc, but currently have a (bloody expensive) Forge one thats too quiet. I believe AMD tuning favor these over Forge too.

As far as this topic is concerned, taxed the R after a few months lay up, just in time for the snow to fall :rofl: great even less traction...

Trev.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Have considered one myself as look like a good replacement over the standard part with no springs to set, etc, but currently have a (bloody expensive) Forge one thats too quiet. I believe AMD tuning favor these over Forge too.

As far as this topic is concerned, taxed the R after a few months lay up, just in time for the snow to fall :rofl: great even less traction...

Trev.
Dv doesn't control the sound, filter does. Mine is stock dv/cone/no bonnet blanket and very loud. Too loud at time's

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Emptied the catch can - about 10mm of water + 1mm of oil. Also gave the missus & my car a wash as they were looking a wee bit salty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex

Trev.

Think it's pretty much a waste of cash.
I'm running stock. Was running Split R by Forge.
Bill down at Badger5 recommends stock.
Good for 400 horsies apparently.
His race car is running stock too.

On the description of that dv it stated it fixes boost leak issues.
Bit of an over statement to be fair.
May iron out leaks from a defective DV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Think it's pretty much a waste of cash.
I'm running stock. Was running Split R by Forge.
Bill down at Badger5 recommends stock.
Good for 400 horsies apparently.
His race car is running stock too.

On the description of that dv it stated it fixes boost leak issues.
Bit of an over statement to be fair.
May iron out leaks from a defective DV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
IMO stock is best but I was interested in if anyone had used it. Read up does sound a little like they don't know what they are talking about and just trying to sell it.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Coil pack went about 100 yards from home today. They’ve lasted 13 years, so not bad. Four new ones ordered and I’m £120 lighter

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise