what have you done to your car today ?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Relay for sai. One missing marked 100 is it, next to 428/ECU power. Finally getting rid of the hoover under the car.
400902cb3b9c5e48928114d8cbcaeceb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I’m thinking of the sai delete too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is pretty simple to do but that back bolt closest to the sump was a pain to get off but that could of just been because I didn't even jack it up, but mine is stock height so just enough room to get to it. Imo it has to be done from underneath as I couldn't see a way to get to them bolt's from above. Code you get from doing this is....
P0418 – Secondary air injection (AIR) pump relay A -circuit malfunction

So ECU knows it's fooked and doesn't try and set it off. I've done a quick 60 mile ish trip in it tonight and some speeds were (let's say legal but between you and me and now everyone look away 120+ again, I don't learn to well) and no fault. Weight is about 1 or 2kg and I shop at ASDA so every little helps.
I'm not sure what the coding people do so keep the relay safe.
Also the bracket that bolt's to the engine that holds the pump I couldn't get off today. Air con pipe is in the way but no big deal be is very annoying to me. Next on my list is the Aircon anyway.
83f7ab6fa7988053cdeb7efb464527b8.jpg
84f241318c346441fa28841d5eba9896.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Got her MOT’d this morning with only an advisory saying the inside face of rear discs are slightly corroded - looks like I’ll need to hammer the brakes just so I can justify buying new disc / pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Gave Dad's Leon it's first sneaky mod that he probably won't notice for months :D
Until sometime late last year, new 1.2 Leons came with a little 'TSI' badge affixed on the O/S of the tailgate, but SEAT have deleted this on the latest cars, presumably to save themselves a Euro or two.
I've addressed this by buying said genuine TSI badge and attaching it to the rear of his car when he visited us today - but not in the same place SEAT would put it....

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
You still got anything else to do for your track day?

I bet you’re buzzing aren’t you Haha

It’s in at the mo. Having clutch and flywheelreplaced. New original calipers going on the rear. Oil and plugs too.
Downpipe will have to wait as i need a fabricator to make up a new section with a cat. My custom one has the cat fitted at bottom of doenpipe and is still on a curved section. God knows why but I need it moved for the new downpipe. No time. Track day Tuesday.
One big problem. My buddy in his CRX Just fractured his scull yesterday.
I thought it was a bit of an extreme way of getting out of racing me.

Last edited:

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
It’s in at the mo. Having clutch and flywheelreplaced. New original calipers going on the rear. Oil and plugs too.
Downpipe will have to wait as i need a fabricator to make up a new section with a cat. My custom one has the cat fitted at bottom of doenpipe andbos still on a curved section. God knows why but I need it moved for the new downpipe. No time. Track day Tuesday.
One big problem. My buddy in his CRX Just fractured his scull yesterday.
I thought it was a bit of an extreme way of getting out of racing me.

Still some work to do then!

Won’t be long till she’s perfect for you then!

Hope your buddy is alright! Least you can focus on humiliating some corsas

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Bust the clutch. Got it towed to local garage so I’ll pop down in the morning and see what the damage is.

Took ages to find the hole for the towing eye!

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Bust the clutch. Got it towed to local garage so I’ll pop down in the morning and see what the damage is.

Took ages to find the hole for the towing eye!

Sucks. Just changing mine as it’s on the way out.