what have you done to your car today ?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Just changed my front breaks, pads and disk's. Small run and now there smoking a little, this normal? Never done breaks before
Never mind lol. It's stopped and not on fire so all is well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My new discs and pads. When bedding in you get smoke. Ds2500s even say they should be smoking after their bedding in process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
My new discs and pads. When bedding in you get smoke. Ds2500s even say they should be smoking after their bedding in process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I figured as much, just at the time I was just a little worried, not done breaks before.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
ECS Stage 1 Rear Big Brake Kit - Drilled and Grooved 306x22mm Rotors, with ds2500 pads and 2 brand new real calipers with the carriers painted red have been ordered. My 2Forge lightweight race wheels in 18x8 arrived today, just got to coat them in gtechniq c5 alloy wheel armour before putting on my ar1's and mounting them myself on the car.

Reactions: Sparkie

smoggiecupratdi

Apr 10, 2018
ECS Stage 1 Rear Big Brake Kit - Drilled and Grooved 306x22mm Rotors, with ds2500 pads and 2 brand new real calipers with the carriers painted red have been ordered. My 2Forge lightweight race wheels in 18x8 arrived today, just got to coat them in gtechniq c5 alloy wheel armour before putting on my ar1's and mounting them myself on the car.

Where did you get your rear painted calipers ?

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Not mine but installed a dash cam into the missus X-Trail, front and rear cameras (quite easy once I sorted the cable routing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
Done at local garage using digital wheel alignment, only need 2 wheel alignment as the rears don’t adjust

The rear axle brackets can move though, they slide back for forth, so it’s adjustable even if it’s slightly? Whether it affects toe or not I’m not sure?
I will string the car (track it with string) when it’s done and check anyway!

Connorg115

Aug 29, 2017
United Kingdom
Replaced all my coil packs for brand new OEM ones from justgermancarparts.co.uk

£99.96 for 4 inc post and packaging

I’ve also done the N249 delete to my car not because I wanted to because I had to, when trying to get the coils out one of the plastic pipes snapped so didn’t really have a choice

Car is running brilliantly however!

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Replaced all my coil packs for brand new OEM ones from justgermancarparts.co.uk

£99.96 for 4 inc post and packaging

I’ve also done the N249 delete to my car not because I wanted to because I had to, when trying to get the coils out one of the plastic pipes snapped so didn’t really have a choice

Car is running brilliantly however!

Good price.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members