Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Prep for track day tomorrow.

Checked fluid levels,
added octaine booster.
Checked brakes , needed front pads.
Pads fitted.
Bedded in new pads.
Mechanically fixed a GoPro mount to the front splitter.
Should get some good footage from there.
Cleaned in, out and under hood. Jobs a goodun.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Watched son's favourite film 'A Good day to Die Hard' forgot about the MK1 Leon scene! The only car not to get smashed!

Last edited:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Stalked the old girl online on the DVLA website :roflmao:. I see someone must have it now (I traded it in) as it is taxed and MOTd. If a Flash Red LC180 03 plate ending AZD ends up on here I have a bunch of receipts for it and a log of all the work done during my ownership. I do miss the power :cry:.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Changed my glow plugs but now have another code - P0684 Glow Plug Control Module implausible signal - anyone know where the module is and how easy to replace?
FR TDI 150 2005

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Clayed , super resin polished and ceramic coated her extreme blue paint :)
e2fcbb8f38c9f3e597bd91e1fc171851.jpg

leon mk1 cupra

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
"Came off track" - Not as in crash came off track ?

Yup thank god there’s huge run off everywhere. didn’t cause too much damage but damaged none the less.
Ripped splitter back , which in turn caused the Bumper to flex causing the wheel arch cove r to explode and now there are tiny spider web fractures to the bumper top layer at edge of arch! I’ll get a pic and short video up later.
All in all a great day though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Deleted member 103408

Sorry to hear that, car can be fixed no broken bones is always a win in my book.

Did the new seat make a difference on the track.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sorry to hear that, car can be fixed no broken bones is always a win in my book.

Did the new seat make a difference on the track.

Yeah pretty safe at Bedford.
Seat was brilliant. Stayed still in the car. So much better on my mullered back.
Climbed out when I got home as if I’d been out shopping.
Normally can hardly walk.
Feel shattered today though.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Yup thank god there’s huge run off everywhere. didn’t cause too much damage but damaged none the less.
Ripped splitter back , which in turn caused the Bumper to flex causing the wheel arch cove r to explode and now there are tiny spider web fractures to the bumper top layer at edge of arch! I’ll get a pic and short video up later.
All in all a great day though.

Ouch... sorry to hear that! Glad you're ok & hopefully you can fix up your ride soon. :wtf:
Sounds like you enjoyed it, despite the trauma!

Reactions: Sparkie

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Changed my glow plugs but now have another code - P0684 Glow Plug Control Module implausible signal - anyone know where the module is and how easy to replace?
FR TDI 150 2005

Went out to car tonight and the engine warning light has gone out so will leave it to see if it comes back.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
I put yesterday my Rieger splitter and it looks amazing!
The car should come like that from factory...
My friend and his brother that lent me their shop and their lift for me to do the work just commented "this now looks like a much more expensive car!"
...and then my smartass friend went "what about sideskirts?" :)
Another idea planted, but I guess it might be more expensive than I am willing to pay.
...I am browsing sideskirts as we speak ;)

It already has the Rieger front splitter (photos don't do it justice) and the rear Rieger diffuser, both in gloss black :)
...also looking at ordering from a breaker the plastic bit that goes behind license plate and painting that gloss black.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.