what have you done to your car today ?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Was given loads of Chemical Guys cleaning products and 90% of them have been brilliant (and smell like you want to eat them :D) but the Interior detailer which at first looked good leaves white streaks if rain manages to get in through the window onto it.
Gave the interior a clean up with Halfords own Dash & Trim cleaner, heard it was good and for £4 worth a go. It's loads better and took off all the old residue from the Chemical Guys stuff.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Was given loads of Chemical Guys cleaning products and 90% of them have been brilliant (and smell like you want to eat them :D) but the Interior detailer which at first looked good leaves white streaks if rain manages to get in through the window onto it.
Gave the interior a clean up with Halfords own Dash & Trim cleaner, heard it was good and for £4 worth a go. It's loads better and took off all the old residue from the Chemical Guys stuff.
I get that with G101 (inerior plastics soap) so i just water it down

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
They should not need the wheels off for the alignment but you should be able to see if there is any rubbing on the flex pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a feel around and I don't get the impression it's rubbing - I had the wheel at full lock so I could get a look in, and they weren't touching, but there would be a chance that the flex pipe would touch when turned full lock the other way. I'll try and get a jack out and have a closer look, but I don't get the impression anything catastrophic is happening. Thanks for the eagle eyes though - I'll make sure I keep an eye on it.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Had a feel around and I don't get the impression it's rubbing - I had the wheel at full lock so I could get a look in, and they weren't touching, but there would be a chance that the flex pipe would touch when turned full lock the other way. I'll try and get a jack out and have a closer look, but I don't get the impression anything catastrophic is happening. Thanks for the eagle eyes though - I'll make sure I keep an eye on it.

It’s ok sometimes I can’t get out off work mode when looking at cars

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Replaced my lower centre console for one that has no cut out for an arm rest. It been on my to do list for almost a decade!!
Before:
1292EDBF-75A7-4CA5-9F40-1FE5AD8A3C74.jpeg

After:
123AEA47-0EB2-4CD9-814D-4EF7B0D83CB0.jpeg

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Have you still got that lower center console as I will be putting a arm rest in my and it will safe me have to cut that part out ?

I do still have it but not sure whether I will sell it because I also have all the armrest bits too and would probably sell as a whole if I did.

Fozzy84

Apr 23, 2012
Got my reducer from creation motorsport for the RamAir oversized filter to fit into the MAF. Next to do is relocate the battery to the boot and section off the corner to keep the air cool

Attachments

• 63ACA496-8F1F-41ED-B491-6D28079E7753.jpeg
    63ACA496-8F1F-41ED-B491-6D28079E7753.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Got my reducer from creation motorsport for the RamAir oversized filter to fit into the MAF. Next to do is relocate the battery to the boot and section off the corner to keep the air cool
Is that the SFS 70mm oversized TIP?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It’s ok sometimes I can’t get out off work mode when looking at cars

No, I really appreciate it. I can do most of the simple fixes on the car, but I don't have the kind of experience that means I can look at it and say 'hmm - that doesn't look right'. It saves a lot of money when you can sort something early on, rather than only finding out when the alternator explodes or something that I could have solved it six months ago by tightening a screw or something simple like that.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well washed the wife’s car in the sun and washed mine in the rain grr it always rains when I wash the wife’s car grr and now the sun has come back out

In my head you used 2 buckets with grit guards. Let's not spoil that.

Reactions: Yellow fr
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise