what have you done to your car today ?

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Had a conversation with a tuning company in Greece. Finding out more details on their stage 2+ tuning! They utilize the NA camshaft for inlet valves. They also can tune for e85 and methanol! I'm excited! Great numbers!

K03s cars 180hp

265hp
303 tq
7d4fe646d425ea649cc0001a2753a95e.jpg
9fb0dada1814c13ecbebc948560f8c36.jpg

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Spent two hrs sorting out road tax and log book for the second time. I taxed it as soon as I got it, logbook was on its way untill the last owner went and sorn the car on the 7th....been no tax since then! Only reason I know is the money didn't go out as planned, checked the car tax status on line this morning and WOW!. DVLA didn't care one bit or log the call or note it on screen as they couldn't and I'll bet the convo with old bill wouldn't have gone my way.

Bloke I got the car from wasn't the logbook keeper so the keeper is now trying to get out of a fine from DVLA because he doesn't know who owns the car now. I've been there and done that, lesson learned quickly on that one...never mess with the DVLA.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Yesterday I realised the drivers door was leaking in.
It’s lasted 13 years on the original seal so it’s held up well.
Did the repair today behind the door panel as I’d done previously on the other near side. (Thanks to the brilliant guide somewhere on the forum)
Also removed the ‘R’ badges. I’ve got new ones to go on but been spraying them with clear lacquer before I put them on to hopefully make them stay looking newer for longer.

Reactions: iammooks

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Yesterday I realised the drivers door was leaking in.
It’s lasted 13 years on the original seal so it’s held up well.
Did the repair today behind the door panel as I’d done previously on the other near side. (Thanks to the brilliant guide somewhere on the forum)
Also removed the ‘R’ badges. I’ve got new ones to go on but been spraying them with clear lacquer before I put them on to hopefully make them stay looking newer for longer.
Good plan with the laquer. I fitted genuine ones last September and they’re starting to look pants after just one winter.

BadBoy03

A Mk1 Is For Life, Not Just For Fun
Sep 6, 2016
Somerset
Had a verbal showdown with a bus driver who forced me to reverse up hill on a main road by driving at me. It was my right of way but he wouldn't wait. He had two large places to pull into on his side of the road. A complete :censored:. I don't have a happy relationship with buses after one drove into the side of my car before.

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
I have a love/hate relationship with the so called "professional driver" had several run ins with buses when I used to ride the m/bike and one who t-boned the missus car although on her right he decided that she should not apply the rules of the road but instead give way to the bigger vehicle. It went to court 3 times until they realised that costs were going to be awarded against them as well ! - Tossers

Reactions: BadBoy03

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Started to take front bumper off but she stuck :(, I've taken all 6 clips off the top, the 2 bolts inside the fog lights, the 2 10mm inside the wheel arches....the screws on the bottom undertray. Its loose but just doesnt want to budge.

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Funnily enough I was trying to get my front bumper off today aswell.
It’s never been sat flush with the wing ever since I’ve had it. One of the clips on the inside of the bumper nearest the off side headlamp is missing I think. I couldn’t get it off and I felt like it was going to do more damage trying to get it off.
In the end I took the front wheel arch liner off and managed to fix a small bracket to the flange on the inside of the wing and glue it to the back of the bumper using my favourite thing, gorilla glue!
Seems to have worked, I’ll see properly tommorow when I take the masking tape off the wing and bumper.
I’ll take the opportunity to give the wheel arch lining a good clean while it’s off.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Neil01Cupra

May 4, 2019
I could be in this all day at the moment. Car was parked up for a year and caused no end of issues ended up changing n75 valve, 4 brand new coil packs, full pcv delete and oil catch can fitted. But today is exciting as I'm in boxing the 256mm vented rear disc setup I bought from a mk1 TT.. And even better got a front set if brembo 4 on the way.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.