what have you done to your car today ?

Deleted member 103408

It will be raining next week and you will all be complaining - where has the sun gone.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Did a little test over the past few weeks. Filled the tank up with da good stuff, reset the counter....now sat at a quarter of a tank and 160 mile ticked over.

Not sure if anyone read but I have a funny issue with my car...maf plugged or unplugged it won't bring up the eml. Thought to myself....last owner covered it up...but no...the eml works. Unplugged maf brings no codes no lights.

Also with the traction control....the last Cupra I had when she went to spin up she would cut power pretty hard...this one doesn't....it's gentle and let's it spin but reduced power levels like it's trying to slow it Down but not so harsh. How does your tc work? Harsh or nicely nicely

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My old Cupra **** the power quite sharply.
The LCR seems similar but not as harsh.
Tbh only have it on in the rain.
Or first lap on track as I always forget to turn it off until all my power is bled in the first fast corner.
Really annoying so stays off almost all the time now.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
My old Cupra **** the power quite sharply.
The LCR seems similar but not as harsh.
Tbh only have it on in the rain.
Or first lap on track as I always forget to turn it off until all my power is bled in the first fast corner.
Really annoying so stays off almost all the time now.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
Not sure why it's not throwing a code because of the maf not working. Maybe the tc has been affected? Doubtful but

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Booked in to get radiator replaced next weds at local VAG garage. Noticed the temp creeping beyond the normal 90º on the more spirited sections of my commute so needs sorting properly.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
******* Halfords...

Ordered the oil filter cup wrench on Monday - "Click and Collect in 1hr" says the Halfords website. No e-mail to say it's arrived, but I'm in the area yesterday so go in to check. Nothing. Checked on website again - says it's available. Meh. Call them this morning and they say it's not arrived and there's nothing in their warehouse. Cheers for that. Apparently there are three in Shoreham, but that means driving there and my oil filter's not completely tight, so I'm nervous about that. I've ordered one for collection and we'll see if I get confirmation it's actually ready...

I tightened it up a bit more this morning with a rubber strap wrench I've got, but it's not alll the way tight-tight. I want to take it out and clean the threads to see if it will go on more smoothly, but then I don't want to do that until I've got the proper tools.

In the meantime, nothing from Halfords to say my order's been delayed or whatever - just silence. The longer I wait, the closer I get to the point when I can't order one online, as it won't be here in time to drive to the Netherlands next Monday.

It shouldn't be this difficult.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Something doesn't seem quite right there... I've not seen a MK1 oil filter... but on the cars I've done, I've done it hand tight or on my MK2 I think it was something like 25nm which isn't far off hand tight for me. Is there a gap? It doesn't have to be wrenched on, so long as it's making a seal and not dripping.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Something doesn't seem quite right there... I've not seen a MK1 oil filter... but on the cars I've done, I've done it hand tight or on my MK2 I think it was something like 25nm which isn't far off hand tight for me. Is there a gap? It doesn't have to be wrenched on, so long as it's making a seal and not dripping.
Ye you shouldn't need a tool

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
I have read on here somewhere can’t remember where but some one had there cupra r remapped and also played with the t c and made it less Aggressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's more likely there is a problem when it's cutting hard as they do, few times I thought it may make the belt jump or even snap an engine mount, what I have now is a progressive cut so it's still spinning but like it's dabbing the power. I'm talking about 2nd and 3rd...I don't mess with 1st gear as it's pretty pointless imo, that's just there to get it rolling lol. I never do 0-60 in my car...only 60-140 lol

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018

IMG_4797.JPG

This is the gap I've got at the moment. I can't see anything getting through it, but I just want things to be flush. It hasn't leaked when I've run the engine, in any case.

It was a total and utter bitch to get off - I thought it was going to be finger tight, but it just wouldn't budge. This is the first time I've taken it off, as I never did my own stuff before, but it was a surprise just how tight it was.

As I say, I really want to take it off to make sure there's nothing fouling the threads, but I don't want to take it apart only to not be able to put it back together properly again.

Reactions: Andrewwright

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
4320bdf3339ed9b28848a6eb4cf6ba01.jpg

In other news, my spring nut things arrived today, so jacked the car up to try and get the sidetray sorted.

I can just get the nut on, but it clips off when I let go - I'm guessing because I need to get it on more. It's hard because the undertray just doesn't seem to want to let it go that way.

I'm thinking it would probably be easier if I took the wheel off, but before I do that, I just wanted to check to see if anyone had any advice or there's a method I'm just missing.

IMG_4798.JPG

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
In other news, my spring nut things arrived today, so jacked the car up to try and get the sidetray sorted.

I can just get the nut on, but it clips off when I let go - I'm guessing because I need to get it on more. It's hard because the undertray just doesn't seem to want to let it go that way.

I'm thinking it would probably be easier if I took the wheel off, but before I do that, I just wanted to check to see if anyone had any advice or there's a method I'm just missing.

View attachment 8778

Just curious why not use a regular threaded nut? I hate those spring **** things terrible to take off and put on

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members