what have you done to your car today ?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
So today I woke up, sold the 1.8t blue cupra I had and brought this. Not my pics but by the time I got to it it was dark. Drives ok so that's the main thing lol.
Couldn't justify the road tax anymore, I'm not the biggest of fans of the tax man anyway so it was gonna come to an end soon enough the price he wants for feck all.
Shame really, never know, may chuck a 1.8t in this lol.
fbd2c249965599ea258898ae4aefe0d5.jpg
0946db2a5355caf60d63c0b902e64667.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Looks tidy mate. Is it a 90 or 110? Nice poke gains to be had with a remapped TDi ;)

Reactions: BadBoy03

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Strip pads and clean and re aply copper slip. Clean carriers and shims. And wind back the caliper and listen for any crunching and look out for splits on the rubber around the piston. Cast your eye from the calliper right over the brake lines looking for corrotion or bulges. Then pump down peddle a few times before putting the fluid res cap back on. Hope this helps

Thanks - really appreciate this. I'd rather not have to spend too much money on getting it fixed, given I'm supposed to be putting money aside for a new clutch, so will give this a go on Wednesday. At least it'll refresh my memory on how to change the discs and pads - every cloud...

Reactions: bigT's lcr

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
New mats:
b1ac053e685c0bdd7e40b8c52c54246e.jpg

Got the new one from eBay, went for the luxury mats and what a difference (feels like a deep pile carpet )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh man... I've just paid £20 to a leather repair place to stitch in a replacement rectangle where my heels wore through the mat. Now I'm like 'hmmm...'

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Thanks - really appreciate this. I'd rather not have to spend too much money on getting it fixed, given I'm supposed to be putting money aside for a new clutch, so will give this a go on Wednesday. At least it'll refresh my memory on how to change the discs and pads - every cloud...
Goes without saying but dont get any copper slip on the disc or pad face. Sorry OCD kicked in then and had to say it lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.