what have you done to your car today ?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Making some good progress in the late night on the Cupra R front grill honeycomb design same honeycomb size as the cupra top sport grill. Still some work to do... To be continued tomorrow!
c2480c4aa6dfbe097f075cc6d87c9a40.jpg
9145c379f91a44c0c6ff3bd65422f567.jpg

Sent from my RMX1993 using Tapatalk

I found it strange when i got my Cupra i noticed that the LCR's have a different grill pattern. Whats with that? Im not sure what I prefer, possibly the honeycomb but im biased lol.

While we're on the topic of Grills, does anyone have any recommendations for what to paint the grill plastic with? Mine up close needs a touch up as its got some kind of overspray or something on it.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Is it the pipe I have marked ?
a8e1732d9b18dc614e36f20d88e5c376.jpg

If it is it’s the servo pipe it should just pull out of the servo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's this one - it comes down and disappears round behind the air intake. I can try and get in there tomorrow when it's light and try to take a clearer photo, but it seems to connect to either something braided or some kind of ribbed plastic pipe.

c5bfd9e6c6ef51093dba740d68fbc4dc.jpg

This second photo isn't in focus, but you can see the worn hose at the top and get a bit more of an idea where it leads.

c5df32329f229f81381d6da8754bfcd4.jpg

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
I found it strange when i got my Cupra i noticed that the LCR's have a different grill pattern. Whats with that? Im not sure what I prefer, possibly the honeycomb but im biased lol.

While we're on the topic of Grills, does anyone have any recommendations for what to paint the grill plastic with? Mine up close needs a touch up as its got some kind of overspray or something on it.
I think with the Cupra R if you convert all grills to honeycomb it looks the tits!

Reactions: Connor H

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Not sure if it’s the brake servo or the turbo actuator line

I'll get a better look tomorrow. If it's anything to do with the brakes, would it have something to do with why I've been getting inconsistent pedal feel for a while?

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I'll get a better look tomorrow. If it's anything to do with the brakes, would it have something to do with why I've been getting inconsistent pedal feel for a while?

It’s nothing todo with the brakes it was me getting the two post mixed up yours was the post that I said to tie that pipe up so it stopped rubbing and the one I thought it was on a 1.6 Leon with a pipe all taped up that looked from the picture he posted was the servo pipe my bad sorry
I would just replace that pipe with some silicon hose and make sure it’s not rubbing on any thing

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
It’s nothing todo with the brakes it was me getting the two post mixed up yours was the post that I said to tie that pipe up so it stopped rubbing and the one I thought it was on a 1.6 Leon with a pipe all taped up that looked from the picture he posted was the servo pipe my bad sorry
I would just replace that pipe with some silicon hose and make sure it’s not rubbing on any thing

No problem! The new hose is on its way, so one way or another, this'll get sorted. Vacuum hose is something that's totally new to me, so it's got me a little freaked out, which probably comes across in my posts!

I was only trying to get the car through emissions and here I am cleaning the EGR, the inlet manifold is coming out today and now I'm talking about replacing vacuum hose.

It's mad how quickly this stuff spirals out of control...

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
No problem! The new hose is on its way, so one way or another, this'll get sorted. Vacuum hose is something that's totally new to me, so it's got me a little freaked out, which probably comes across in my posts!

I was only trying to get the car through emissions and here I am cleaning the EGR, the inlet manifold is coming out today and now I'm talking about replacing vacuum hose.

It's mad how quickly this stuff spirals out of control...

OK - so it's the bottom hose of the group of three, where the top two connect to the EGR valve and the EGR actuator.

Don't know if that helps anyone.

It looks like it should have been clipped into the air intake pipe, but for some reason it hasn't - which has caused this problem...

I'm getting the manifold out now, so plenty of time to identify it...

ac9dac4903b23a603950cb596b6b8899.jpg

92a747d780c0bf5e763209ebe0e06133.jpg

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Put the EGR back together and reconnected all the pipes, turned the engine over and white smoke starts coming out of the engine bay.

I'm not too worried about the smoke, because the pipes have been open for a few days, and there's probably some stuff the engine needs to burn off, but it's the fact it's coming out in the engine bay that bothers me.

I'm guessing it's coming out of the connection between the EGR and the intercooler pipe, but it only leaks when I rev the engine, so I'll have to check when I can get the girlfriend to sit in the driver's seat and do that so I can have a closer look.

For years I've heard about the intercooler pipes being crap and eventually falling apart and wondered why mine was always fine. It might just be that it was all the soot and carbon that was holding it together and now it's clean, the leak has revealed itself.

Has anyone else had this kind of thing happen though?

Zardoz

Sep 6, 2016
North West
Well, that's a first. After a spirited run to work I got just round the corner and off popped the coolant reservoir cap. And lots of steam.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Ran the car for a while today to see where the leak was coming from. The smoke cleared as I expected, but when I took it on the road, when I put my foot down, there was no real acceleratio. Luckily though it doesn't seem to be coming from the intercooler pipe and more from around the EGR valve - it actually seemed to spit a bit of water out of the top, which could be left over from when I cleaned it.

Next week I'll have a feel around and tighten all the bolts and make sure the gaskets are where they should be and hope that fixes it. If not, I might just admit defeat and take it to the garage. I've had a job come through today which means i can afford to get the clutch done, so I might combine the two.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
The front driveshaft came loose while driving!?!!!! Hahah so will be fixing that next week
bf4a8a739c730a395ac4b10c2e1a6ec5.jpg

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Holy shitballs. That could have been so much worse.

Luckily i heard a slight tapping and i felt it through the Floor board and thought that's not good, pulled into the next neighborhood and at 5 miles an hour it came completely off and was clacking like a mofo and I knew what the Problem was before even looking definitely could've been worse

Reactions: iammooks
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.