what have you done to your car today ?

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
If Im not mistaken, the left one is a carbon filter (has darker color by default, filters unwanted scents and not pollen) and the right one is a pollen filter (filters against pollen)

They're both the same filter, you don't get the outer case with the new filter so you have to put it on the new one, which has been done here, I did mine on friday... mine was also black but doesn't smell like damp anymore.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Did the door seals this w/e - hope it works... :blink:

Intrigued to find that both passenger-side doors had evidence of 'previous surgery' - a thick coating of rubber-type paint.

Suspect a VAG warranty bodge because I'm the car's 2nd owner and the 1st was not the type to dirty his hands with DIY (ie, minted), and all his servicing/maintenance was done at a stealer.

kinder

Aug 29, 2008
I've done the n249 bypass not sure what all the fuss is about getting confused took me 5 mins to do

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
What do you gain from deleting the n249??

Less clutter in engine bay, faster boost buildup.

That's just from bypass to remove the vac box over coil 4. Removing the n249 altogether I's what requires the resistors.

Have definately noticed a better responce from the turbo engaging and as many have commented on the DV sounds much crisper when it dumps.

As above making the bay much tidier but also as have on order 2.0TFSI coil packs and INA spacers so need the space :D

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
Keep in mind the N249 removal can cause boost spikes which is why I put mine back on the car as advised by my tuner.

Agreed and I guess its down to everyones set up. I've noticed occasional spikes / surging with it all connected & probably has nothing to do with the n249, however my logs are all ok but once I've done few more miles with it bypassed will log to see if any differences and report.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Agreed and I guess its down to everyones set up. I've noticed occasional spikes / surging with it all connected & probably has nothing to do with the n249, however my logs are all ok but once I've done few more miles with it bypassed will log to see if any differences and report.

It has everything to do with the spiking / surging as mine did the same ... the car was RR'd before and after (a month apart) the N249 mod ... we could see the boost curve was not smooth without the N249 fitted and it was recommended to re-install it.

After fitment the boost curve was perfect.

IMHO it's a waste of time. People would be better of ensuring the boost system and PCV is all working correctly without leaks tbh.

worzel

LCR 225
Dec 20, 2009
Jersey
It has everything to do with the spiking / surging as mine did the same ... the car was RR'd before and after (a month apart) the N249 mod ... we could see the boost curve was not smooth without the N249 fitted and it was recommended to re-install it.

After fitment the boost curve was perfect.

IMHO it's a waste of time. People would be better of ensuring the boost system and PCV is all working correctly without leaks tbh.

I would still say it’s down to your own set up. Maybe mine was intermittently spiking/surging due to a split hose in the PCV, don't know I never checked as it wasn't enough to worry about. I was initially inspired by this http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215185&highlight=n249# which as you can see based on RSmith set up the curve was improved with the bypass. All the modding we do is at our own risk so its a choice. Don't worry however if it starts to affect the cars performance I will put it back :D

S10EAT

Jul 31, 2010
Eastbourne
Since the very hot weather noticed the intake temp was reaching 58 degrees c and engine temp was unstable!!

I've taken the standard airbox out.

I have now relocated my air filter to the the passenger side front bumper just in front of the wheel with various 70mm intercooler piping and its now got an open cone simota air filter and is now 15 degrees c cooler on average :D

Will have to get some pics up.

Pulls really well as a bonus :p

paul-with-seat

Jun 26, 2004
teesside
not all today but in the past week or so

Changed airflilter for a jetex one
Added a badger 5 heat shield
fitted a fmcl007p forge dv
toyosports downpipe and decat
powerflow decat back exhaust
boost gauge