What head units are there?

JonnyCross

Well that is a valid point, the rns510 looks exceptional, but there is some systems out there that have some cool features having said this i would go for the rns 510 anyday but im not sure if i want to spend over 500 on this head unit, thats why that aftermarket on ffor 279 is interesting as i would like to spend no more than 300

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
im happy enough to spend upto and in the region of 600 quid.
if not, the RNS would be my first choice, it was to start with but then i decided i wanted a few extra things, and up the prices goes. lol.

ChrisSK

Jan 25, 2012
Bristol
Just one thing to bear in mind if you buy one of these in-car sat-navs and that is to check with the seller / dealers that it comes with the maps.

If they don’t, and I am sure I read somewhere they don’t, it will set you back another £100 odd quid for the maps.

I did see on a link to the Chinese stuff that it said it can run this and that type of maps so this leads me to suspect they don’t have maps pre-installed.

Chris

JonnyCross

thanks guys, tbh i think i will spend the money and go for a rns 315 or 510 depending on the prices but i will leave it for a while and just wait untill i find a bargain :)

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
Just one thing to bear in mind if you buy one of these in-car sat-navs and that is to check with the seller / dealers that it comes with the maps.

If they don’t, and I am sure I read somewhere they don’t, it will set you back another £100 odd quid for the maps.

I did see on a link to the Chinese stuff that it said it can run this and that type of maps so this leads me to suspect they don’t have maps pre-installed.

Chris

They come with maps installed on an SD card that goes in a slot on the front. You either get Igo8, tom Tom or route 66 (mine is Igo8 and its pretty cool) . You also have the extra SD card on the front for playing music, pictures or videos from. For the price you get a lot of extras on them and an OEM look

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
North East, UK
the RNS look 10 x better than any other aftermarket unit!
but are they just as fun as some of them? thats my issue.

i do want a good bluetooth and satnav system!

One thing to note ... the RNS 510 does not have inbuilt bluetooth ... you will need the additional module.

JonnyCross

One thing to note ... the RNS 510 does not have inbuilt bluetooth ... you will need the additional module.

I have bluetooth in my car atm, if i was to buy and fit a rns 510 would i need to buy the bluetooth module for it or will the bluetooth that is in my car atm work with the rns 510?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.