What is my car worth?

MarkQuinton

Sep 22, 2004
Hi All

I will soon be selling my 150bhp Toledo V5, its on a V plate, has done lots of miles (157k), was a company car before hand and had FSH upto approx 150k. It is in need of a service really. Bodywork is good apart from the passenger side wing mirror casing is loose but doesn't move. It has mot till august and approx 6months tax. The interior is in good condition apart from wear on the arm rest, side bolster and the interior door handles are peeling (like most others).

In the last year I have had a new throttle valve, MAF and fan belt tensioner.

The front tyres are legal but will need replacing in the next 3months I would think, rears have loads of tread. The car also has reversing sensors and the climate control works fine.

As the car has done a fair few miles and needs a good service I was looking for about 1-1.5k.Is this about right??

Many thanks

Mark

Mark

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Blimey sure a V5 is worth a bit more than that... on a W someone just paid around 3900..........did have much lower mileage but that shouldnt be an issue if it has had regular services and checks!

is private sale i would aim a bit higher mate

Last edited:

MarkQuinton

Sep 22, 2004
Well to be honest, the performance doesn't seem like it was. I've had the car plugged into a few diagnostic systems and they all say there is nothing wrong with the engine so its probably just in need of a good service. Looking on ebay, even v5's with about 90k seem to sell for about 2.5k ish so they don't seem to be holding their value very well. Maybe i'll stick it on ebay with a reserve of 1.5k

Thanks

Mark

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
You could try for a bit more, but the problem is if it doesn't drive quite right you're going to have to hope for someone that's not bothered about a test drive. Sadly because there are other good examples out there for lower mileage it is going to struggle so your price may be about right. You looking to buy something else - could see what you would get as trade in if from dealer?

One minor tip - swap the door handles from front to back if the backs aren't worn out. Will give a much better impression of the interior. 2 min job.

MarkQuinton

Sep 22, 2004
Thanks again.

I can't put my finger on it, the car drives fine but just seems a little lacking at low speeds, maybe i've just got used to the car. It pulls through 50-100mph with ease.

Good advice about the handles, thanks. I am looking at another car but its a private sale so no joy with trading it in, just wish I could find another v5 near me with lower mileage for around £2500 ish. Gonna miss the comfort.

Ta

Mark

nej

Glass's reckons a 1999V-plate with 159k would be £2260 part-ex in excellent condition, £1985 average and £1705 below average.

Note this is part-ex price not sale price.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.