What made you buy your Cupra?

Colblue290

Feb 3, 2019
I've just brought mine because it's one of the few hot hatches that blends in with everyday traffic and that golf gtis are going missing everywhere at the moment. Just like the thought of being a bit of a sleeper got mine in black and now the writing is in black nobody really knows what you have just the way I like it.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I've just brought mine because it's one of the few hot hatches that blends in with everyday traffic and that golf gtis are going missing everywhere at the moment. Just like the thought of being a bit of a sleeper got mine in black and now the writing is in black nobody really knows what you have just the way I like it.

I liked that as well when I owned my first one but now I have one with orange wheels it's a bit more difficult lol

SwissCupra

May 7, 2019
Switzerland
I like bringing back older threads

Moved to Switzerland last year to live with my Gf, her family alllllll run Kia's (3 Cee'DS and a Soul) as part of her dads property firm on lease.
Lease was up and they were looking at Seats (well, she was and shes a stubborn bugger)
I'd sold my flat in the UK so was looking to buy outright, whatever it was I decided on.
Fastest thing I'd ever had in the UK was a Nissan 180sx and figured I wanted something quick as I'm so close to the Autobahns.
I got a Copra (with everything except the panoroof), Gf's Ateca arrives next month, her dad got a Tiguan, her sister hasn't decided yet (but wants a convertible) and her mum is dead happy with the Soul so is keeping it
We spent 80k in a day at the dealers (40k on mine, 20k each on the ateca and tiguan, rest is finance as it was cheaper than the lease was). Traded in 3 cars
I needed a lie down after that, most money I've ever spent... but buying a house this year, and getting married next, so may need a 6 month nap after the house.

Deleted member 103408

You will have to start taking her (the car not girlfriend) to a trackday then you can enjoy the power and speed without the worry of the police :)

Bucksssss

Mar 13, 2019
The thing that made me buy my Cupra 290 black edition was simple.

Unreal power and drive, for a considerable amount cheaper than it’s competitors.

Sadly I had to let it go when I realised 20k+ miles a year just couldn’t be sustained when I was getting around 30mpg. I miss it everyday but one thing I never appreciated when I got my GTD was just how good this forum is.

I’ve looked around at many VW forums and I’m yet to find one as active, helpful and informative as seatcupra.

Deleted member 103408

Get yourself a ticket to the annual club meet on the 14th July and you will be able to meet some of us face to face as well as seeing some very nice cars.

Challymo

Apr 13, 2019
Got my Copra 290 lux as I have wanted something fast since I passed my test (12 years ago) and had always had to settle for compromise cars due to budget or commute.

As my old car was coming up to needing cam belt, water pump and some brake disks doing I started looking around for something to replace it with before those bills came up, the combination of all the standard kit, the look of it and how cheap I could get it (a shade over 22k new) was what swayed me to the Leon over any competition.

Must say that I am loving it more and more as the engine beds in.

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Hi all. I took delivery on Friday of my 2019 Seat Leon ST 4drive in Nevada White.
My reasons for ordering were related to the fact that my previous 2 cars were a BMW 340i Touring auto M sport plus package (my first estate) and previous to that a 5dr Golf 7R (manual)........

The straight six 3L engine of the BMW is silky smooth and sounds great at the high rev range, but I found I very rarely enjoyed it above six tenths of its potential, and it was very thirsty on fuel (about 20mpg).

Surprisingly I actually found myself missing my Golf R which was much more useable at the limits and sounded sportier even at lower revs.

Also the VAG infotainment system is far superior to the system in the F30/31 BMW range. I-drive was great in the mid 2000s, and far superior to anything VAG or Mercedes had back then, but in the present day unfortunately BMW have been left behind with their system (IMHO). They didn't even offer android auto as an option for me.

So to return to the point.... for me the Leon ST cupra 300 4drive is the perfect blend of my previous 2 cars. I have an estate again (and not a dog ugly one like the Golf is) and I also have the same engine as the Golf R now mated with the acclaimed DSG.

Initial impressions of the Leon ST are great. The engine roar is a little muted, but I'm hoping that will change once the engine has run in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
I bought mine ( a mk1 Cupra R I must add) cause i nearly bought one when they were new but waited a couple of months and got an Octavia VRS mk2 instead.
I’d had a 1.6s petrol leon, then got a SX model then a Cupra diesel. Took the LCR for a test drive but decided to have a change.
I’ve still got the VRS now but really wanted a Cupra R in platinum grey like I’d have chosen back in 2005.
Finally got mine a couple of years ago and loving every minute of it still.
I’d love a brand new one to use as my daily but it costs enough keeping my 3 cars on the road without paying a monthly lease. Really like the look of the ST.

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Price honestly. Where else can I get a 300bhp car for £240 a month? My current lease isnt much less on a car significantly less equipped and with half the power.

After finding out the Cupra was a realistic option I've looked into them a lot more and it only makes me more excited, if a little terrified.

Reactions: louiskopite

Deleted member 103408

Why buy a Cupra - Power, Handling and for me most importantly Potential (to modify) but in a very nice low key shell.

I have been to several race tracks and the guys who do the training (on how to drive) did not recognise the car until you said Cupra and then they all went ahhh very good cars (MK1/2 and now 3)

Reactions: louiskopite
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise