What MPG are you getting from your tdi

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Last two tanks have been an average of 56 and 57 but I have been driving like a granny :( 95% of the time, using cruise as much as poss.

Deleted member 48395

Damnn umm the only other thing i think off is a Golf SDI ????
I'd like to keep to the SEAT family, preferably still a Leon as I love mine, even if it isn't the most powerful thing in the world. After 2 years of owning it, I still grin when I see it in the car park :D a TDI could be more cost effective, but will have to see what my new commute will do to my MPG and what sort of £££ I could get for my current car,

Cheers for the input guys :)

Rauer

The 90s are alright better with a map but I know Suj off the forum quite often see's 70mpg out of his 90 bora

Rauer

Right just filled up got 58 liters in (vented) and 450 miles to a tank :whistle: :s

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Amazing I got 74 mpg average (trip computer said anyway!) from Swindon to Cheltenham today. Admittedly driving at a constant 60mph on the dual carriageway, also helps that its downhill for a few miles when approaching Cheltenham ;)

Going back it was 60mpg average, had some hills to climb!

Rauer

Amazing I got 74 mpg average (trip computer said anyway!) from Swindon to Cheltenham today. Admittedly driving at a constant 60mph on the dual carriageway, also helps that its downhill for a few miles when approaching Cheltenham ;)

Going back it was 60mpg average, had some hills to climb!

Good effort!

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
I was getting around 40 - 50 mpg with a mix of everyday driving and long runs.

But after a fuel filter change, my last few tank fulls have given me an average of 60mpg! And that's without any long motorway drives!

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
I was getting around 40 - 50 mpg with a mix of everyday driving and long runs.

But after a fuel filter change, my last few tank fulls have given me an average of 60mpg! And that's without any long motorway drives!

Good stuff.

Those engines are really frugal. Used to get excellent fuel economy out of my Tolly 110, even after a remap.

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Good stuff.

Those engines are really frugal. Used to get excellent fuel economy out of my Tolly 110, even after a remap.

Hopefully getting a remap within the next month, so can't wait to see my mpg after getting that done! (as well as the extra power of course ;))

trebormint

Sep 17, 2008
Swindon
Managed just over 700 miles on my last tank.

Filled up with just under 52 litres.

Equates to 61.5mpg average!

Though I have to admit I had to keep at 60mph on motorways to do this, and 550 miles was all motorway driving....

Nick-21

Oct 26, 2010
averaged 39mpg to north wales (pwllheli )

Is that fairly heavy right foot driving then or is the lose in mpg down to your map?

I have just averaged 50.4mpg to this tank, highest tank average since having the car. This is granny driving the 70 mile round trip to work each day, mixed A/B roads and duel carriege way.

Lowest has to be 33mpg on a trip from south of glasgow up to Glencoe, was so much fun though, 2 hours 10 minute driving time..........i dont think so google maps. :whistle: (private road of course) :clap:

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
I did a brim to brim check on my bog standard Ibiza FR TDi the other day and it worked out at 42 mpg. That is with a mix of driving but no motorway use as we don't have any of them here.;)

slim

A4 S-Line 170
Apr 30, 2005
www.evelocity.co.uk
Down to 55MPG in the last two months from 60 odd. Going to look at cleaning the MAF and general service, hope it will be back to normal. Car feels a bit less pokey too.