What MPG are you getting from your tdi

fr930

Got SMOKE...?
Jul 28, 2010
London
managed to get 68.7 mpg from 20 mile trip to uni (door to door)...
that was a week after remap, before would struggle to get 60 on a similar run!
usually getting around 50 mpg driving 'enthusiastically' [B)]

Last edited:

Warning

Apr 6, 2011
Cheshire
just a quick thing whats every one going by? as in the trip computer or working it out some other way?

cause my trip computer says i get about 55mpg on average, but when i work it out using my phones mpg calculator i get about 46mpg, so which is right?

ja-mo4

41mpg to 45mpg, been poor ever since a cambelt change, poor start in the morning too, any ideas on what could be causing this? seat leon 110 tdi

41mpg to 45mpg, been poor ever since a cambelt change, poor start in the morning too, any ideas on what could be causing this? seat leon 110 tdi

It sounds like your car needs a service

Because poor start up could be glow pugs not heating up properly there for the engine struggles to start

Decrease in MPG could be time for a service aswell eg air filter

ja-mo4

its had a new filter, oil filter and cambelt change, ever since that the mpg has been poor with very hesitant start ups.

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
well i am getting 30.6mpg average but there all short journeys even heavy footed on a Sd car, is this right ? thought urban was around 39mpg.

when i did pick the car up and drove on the motorway i was getting 44-45 average.

ja-mo4

It sounds like your car needs a service

Because poor start up could be glow pugs not heating up properly there for the engine struggles to start

Decrease in MPG could be time for a service aswell eg air filter

Hey mate, the injection timing was out a tooth had that fixed now :) I've now reset the ecu now so shall keep track next fill up :)

ja-mo4

Possibly mate, recent cambelt change? Got worse since then? What mpg you getting:)

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
For last month averaging between 59.1 and 59.3 mpg.

De-cat last weekend, and it seems to be using even less diesel!

That siad, I do throw in the odd bottle of Redex to clean out the system.

Last edited:

Kane1506

Im getting 30-35mpg out of my 140 tdi which isnt great think a good service will get it all sorted tho

bubbles1

Nurburgring Lover
Dec 28, 2008
Llandudno
On my recent return from the nurburgring 24hrs i was following a land rover 110 at a max of 70 mph all the way to Dunkirk. The temperature was high (upto 34 degrees by Brussels) which always helps my mpg due to the thin air. 70mph for me is about 1,700 rpm. I managed 70 mpg! the best ever in 8 years and 114k miles.
Once in the UK mpg dropped to 52mpg as i left the land rover and cracked off 350 miles at 80-90 mph with slow bits on the m1 due to average speed cameras.:)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise