What next...

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
I cleaned my car at the weekend. Used Autoglym shampoo, followed by Super Resin Polish. It is then recommended to use Ultra Gloss Protection. Is this a wax?

Miffer

Oct 4, 2001
St Helens
Visit site
Its not a wax in the tradition sense as in a carnauba wax, it has got waxes in it I believe but its basically a sealant.

The Super Resin Polish is a cleaner polish and slight sealant so topping it with the Ultra Gloss Protection (think its called Extra Gloss Protection to) will be perfect because it is a sealant with no cleaning abilities so you are just adding a (more if you want to) layer of extra protection. You can then if you want top the UGP with a proper wax if you want to maybe change the look eg wetter look or better reflections depending on what you use.

There might be someone along that knows more about the AG stuff as I don’t tend to use it myself, more of a Klasse/Carlack68 or poorboys fan for my sealants, but hopefully the above helps a bit.

Bri

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Miffer said:
Its not a wax in the tradition sense as in a carnauba wax, it has got waxes in it I believe but its basically a sealant.

The Super Resin Polish is a cleaner polish and slight sealant so topping it with the Ultra Gloss Protection (think its called Extra Gloss Protection to) will be perfect because it is a sealant with no cleaning abilities so you are just adding a (more if you want to) layer of extra protection. You can then if you want top the UGP with a proper wax if you want to maybe change the look eg wetter look or better reflections depending on what you use.

There might be someone along that knows more about the AG stuff as I don’t tend to use it myself, more of a Klasse/Carlack68 or poorboys fan for my sealants, but hopefully the above helps a bit.

Bri
Great help thanks. With it being my first new car, really want to take care of it more than I did with the last, and when it comes to cleaning there is just so much out there!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.