What Options?

summerjunk

Aug 22, 2016
Just about to pull the trigger on 1.4 Xcellence in white with the sound pack and thought it would be interesting to hear what options others had gone with??

The only other option that's causing me a delay in ordering is whether to go with the 19 'Exclusive Machine' alloys, not sure I'm keen on the 'performance' alloys you get with the Xcellence but slightly worried they might ruin the ride although none of the reviews thus far pick up on this.....

Tell

Staff member
I'm having everything on my 4x4 DSG except the tow bar. Probably going to be a giant experiment in how the electronics hold up since I do keep the car for 10 - 13 years. Found first blistering on my near 12 year old Altea paint work today front wheel arch, so will be happy if the Ateca lasts that time. Buying it cash so I don't worry that this or that will cost me £ X extra per month. Basically I thought the car would cost about £30,000 and then I budgeted for options of £5,000 and spent it, I got it for less. Bit like the public sector where you get an end of year spend and Xmas comes all at once late or something like that. Heated windscreen is worth having for starters.

Last edited:

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
When I drove an Excellence on 19" wheels I found the road noise excessive. I will stick to the 18" machined alloy option. I think they look better, The 19" wheel design looks like beer bottles!

Tell

Staff member
I'm having the 19" beer bottles. Visually they look much better than the standard and much the same as the Nissan Qashqai. I nearly bought a VW Tiguan R Line with 20" so going 1" lower wasn't a problem. Without a test drive went for aesthetics rather than plain and boring but a cost attached.

rambalad

Nov 1, 2013
Merseyside
I'm having everything on my 4x4 DSG except the tow bar. Probably going to be a giant experiment in how the electronics hold up since I do keep the car for 10 - 13 years. Found first blistering on my near 12 year old Altea paint work today front wheel arch, so will be happy if the Ateca lasts that time. Buying it cash so I don't worry that this or that will cost me £ X extra per month. Basically I thought the car would cost about £30,000 and then I budgeted for options of £5,000 and spent it, I got it for less. Bit like the public sector where you get an end of year spend and Xmas comes all at once late or something like that. Heated windscreen is worth having for starters.

Hi Tell

I see that SEAT Ireland are now offering the Alcantara upholstery as a no-cost option on the Excellence, might be worth a call to SUK?

Tell

Staff member
Think I will leave my order as it is rather than disturbing it. I see the UK website has not shown up the Alcantara upholstery. Ireland was always more liberal on interior where you could get brown and black leather as well in the Xcellence. The DSG petrol cars don't manage to get to the UK either. The Henry Ford approach to the interior is what Seat UK believes in. No, not available to UK, just checked.

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
Am likely to order a 1.4 Excellence in the coming weeks and am considering the 19s as the only option, think they look nicer and Im a tad ocd with the car cleaning and they look a damn site lot easier to clean than the standard ones!

Anyone getting a decent discount on their order, currently looking at around £1000 and I know its a new model so likely to not be heavily discounted (?) equally dont want to go ahead and end up missing out on anything else if everyone else is getting larger discounts?

Tell

Staff member
That's the discount I got in July on about £35,000 car. Somebody has got £1,400 up north somewhere recently, you'll have to search other forums for that.

I couldn't get the chain dealers to deal in the pre launch period. The single site dealers owned locally seem better. I know of three people getting reasonable discounts above the £500 level and they were not from the chains. This could change but I don't think you can expect big discounts especially since there is a shortage of the 150 TDI engine and the dreaded Brexit.

There is the £500 coupon about and £250 but my dealer didn't bother with coupons and wasn't going to discount again on the drive a Seat offer.

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
Good to know, thanks. Looks like i may take the plunge at the weekend and swap the Exeo.

David_S

Oct 15, 2016
The only deal I managed to get was Seat Sound thrown in.

Gone for the 19's as well as a heated windscreen. Not sure how anyone can say the standard 18's look better than the 19's, the 19's turn the car from looking like it is suitable for a sixty something plodder to a much more sporty offering.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
It won't be long before you see a significant price rise.

I am buying in Spain in Euros, but because of Brexit and the much lower exchange rate, it is costing me over £6000 more to convert the money from pounds.

Tell

Staff member
An expat abroad with their money in the UK will be feeling it more as financial instruments that smooth currency fluctuations will be protecting prices of imported goods to the UK items from big companies that take these measures. Those insurance instruments only work for the contract time then the price rises will come through. Seems to be let the British public enjoy Xmas but next year and beyond the mass stupidity of the implementation of the referendum will be felt. Lot of bizarre things happening in British politics. I'm kind of hoping that the train wreck that we are seeing will come off the rails before too much damage is done. Obviously I represent 48 percent of the view, 52 percent may well be happy to pay the penalty cost of screwing up the economy and the union whilst a small proportion get rich on it playing the markets... the reality won't of course be happy to pay the penalty costs. That's what they are being protected against at the minute. Personally I suspect it will push the country into the financial doldrums for years and probably will never recover from it like Japan as every measure to get growth going again has failed.

Still the car will be good.

David_S

Oct 15, 2016
This is a car forum, not a political forum. No point in getting in to another "leave v remain" debate, there are plenty of other places on the Internet you can go for this.

Fred99

Sep 21, 2013
Granada, Southern Spain
This is a car forum, not a political forum. No point in getting in to another "leave v remain" debate, there are plenty of other places on the Internet you can go for this.

It's not a political debate - it is a fact of life now. SEAT UK pay for their cars in Euros and they will have to find more pounds to pay for them, and it is you, the UK customers who will have to pay extra to buy EU cars - whether you like it or not.

That is one of the prices of Brexit.

Tell

Staff member
Still I brought it back to David's discount ;). If you were canny you would have bought the car quick in July in the pre launch if you were a Brit and you lived in the UK before the hype for cash agreeing the deal. I suspect Seat already have their post referendum prices built into the PCP as I've proposed before, they are not stupid. I think there is also a north / south divides on discounts in the UK. Certainly on the other board people up north were getting discounts earlier on. Mine was fine :).

GLASGOW SEAT

******** SEAT Dealership
Oct 26, 2016
Glasgow
19's and north of border discounts

Hi all,

Having driven Ateca with both alloys and currently driving Ateca Xcellence with upgraded 19's I can honestly say there is not much change if any in ride comfort between the two :D

On another note I see a couple of you mentioning discounts north of the border... we are currently offering £1,710 off an Ateca 1.4 Xcellence by taking advantage of SEAT's current test drive offer! We also deliver to anywhere in the UK

ACG

Tell

Staff member
Good to hear about the ride comfort of 19" since that's what I'm getting. I can't see that people would cripple themselves by low profile tyres. I just try to steer around the road holes on my 17" Altea which was 1" bigger than standard at the time.

The whole discount business is on your profit margins which should be better outside the pricey south of the UK which means you can discount further than say a dealer in London with rates and wages of the region. Obviously Brexit devaluation will knock the capacity of larger discounts over longer periods. Still Turkeys voting for Xmas and getting the stuffing as well.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.