What power could I expect from my TDI 150 Leon after the following mods?

cairns81

newbie here, just doing some reading up, keep up the good work, im learning away! thanks guys! :)

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
Oh
Speaking of filters. I had a Pipercross in my TDI and after few months it killed the MAF.
There was a lot of info about the original filters on VAG range and in every case the conclusion was the same : If you not goint BIG TURBO etc there is no need to change the original filter.
My 5p

leonfrtdi150

Thanks for all your comments very interesting.

I've had my car mapped now with the following mods in the end:

*Universal intercooler with some hard piping
*EGR delete
*Straight through 2.25" exhaust (cat and backbox removed)

Car made 200.3bhp and 346ft lb - just wondering if people think these are reliable and realistic figures?

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
I would take it with a pinch of salt. 346lbft is really high for a stock turbo pd150. That kind of level is produced from hybrids.

If the torque figure is high then Id say the bhp is also, as bhp is a calculation from torque.

The intercooler wouldn't of given any power over stock and the exhaust would have given a small increase.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Get an exhaust gas temperature probe put in and monitor the temperature before the hot side of your turbo. I don't know what the maximum allowable temps for yor turbo is but when you find out you can add fmic misting and water methanol injection into the intake manifold and reduce the temps. You should be able to get the tuner to ask the ecu to let the engine produce more power safely or at least if it is maxed then you will be able to safely monitor the turbo. You would not believe the difference that inclines make to temps.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Having read thru this thread I would tend to agree with the main upgrade being a remap.
I fitted a green panel filter 5 years ago and clean it regularly (as per instructions) and have had no problems.
I had a custom remap shortly afterwards and it read: before 157bhp, after 193bhp/292lbft.
I have just recently got a cat-back non resonated Milteck exhaust fitted but only 'cause my original exhaust t finally gave up the ghost after 7 years!!!!!!!!
Anyway, enjoy your mods
Oh and last month I fitted the allard egr delete pipe, to keep my engine clean but had the dreaded elm light come on - hay ho

Last edited:

georgemckee999

Sep 4, 2012
Bishop's Stortford
hello im new to the forum. i am looking at getting my standard fr150 remaped as its become apparent that that's the best mod to give it that extra boost. bruceR was it just an air filter from standard when you got the figure of 193/292lbft??

georgemckee999

Sep 4, 2012
Bishop's Stortford
All those extra horses and only needing it changed every three years, I would be happy with that. I have been told if I want to keep the standard clutch to keep it under 300lbft so I think that's what I'm gonna aim for. Thanks for your help :)

georgemckee999

Sep 4, 2012
Bishop's Stortford
Exactly :) I thought if I was to remap I would need an updated clutch to deal with the extra power, but as you have been fine without the upgraded clutch I'm more confident that I wont need one.

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
You can't just say you won't need a clutch haha! I've seen people on here with stage 2 maps about 220 I think with a standard and he says slip comes and goes, on the other hand people with just stage one get slip too, it will come down to the condition of clutch etc

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Just pointing out I had this happen to me after my remap

2011-09-24172029.jpg

allthough I supose it was actually the DMF failed

2011-09-24165110.jpg

jamming solid at an angle.

2011-09-24165126.jpg

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise