What REAL mpg do you get from yours?

Jamesemt

Oct 10, 2004
Hull
I've just been working out the mpg on my remapped Ibiza Cupra, and I'm getting a consistent 42mpg (thats using a fuel calculator against a zero'ed trip/number of litres). That's for everything - and thrashing it at every opportunity.

Not interested in people saying they can get 60mpg, I COULD get 50mpg+ with a light right foot, but where's the fun in that :D

So, what's your real world mpg (not off the computer) and also name the car/spec

*I know this is always asked, but most people seem to only ask what is possible, not what you ACTUALLY get*

Last edited:

BenO

Mar 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
I drive a standard Leon Cupra TDI and allways get around 500 miles out of a full tank which i guess is 50 litres (ish) as i dont take it right to the line. That works out at around 45 MPG with a fair amout of motorways in there and a heavy right foot. Think my conversions are right!

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
Standard Altea 2.0tdi Sport 6sp - this winter 47-50mpg, driven pretty steadily, even the period of 'newness' never really went below 45 ish. I think i could easily get it to low 40's, but can't seem to get it much above 50, we'll see this summer as i think this winter's figures have been pretty good.
Car's got 44000 on it, and currently doing approaching 20k/year.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
My remapped Ibiza TDI Sport PD130 (~160-170bhp) averaged 48-50mpg long term. That was accurately calculated from multiple brim-brim fills. Was still returning that after 100k miles too.

Howeverm the biggest factor will be the type of roads you drive, and your driving style.

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
I don't know how u get 500miles to the tank, i can't get over 400! but i don't take it right down but even then i think it would be 360-380. And that was normal driving.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
What mpg do I actually get? Isn't this just another bog standard MPG thread?

Seat Altea Sport. I can get up to 600 miles per tank. What do I actually get? About 600 miles per tank.:shrug:

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
My best is 480 Miles from full to red line empty.

My realistic miles per tank is 440 Miles, which is 37MPG. Seems low but thats normal non-eco driving enjoying my mapped 150 engine :)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
What mpg do I actually get? Isn't this just another bog standard MPG thread?

Seat Altea Sport. I can get up to 600 miles per tank. What do I actually get? About 600 miles per tank.:shrug:

Miles per tank doesn't tell you what MPG you're getting though.

Tank sizes vary between Ibizas, Leons, Alteas etc etc, also people interpret "tankful" differently, some will take that to mean the amount needed to refill "when the light comes on" and others "when the gauge looks a bit low" :)

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Well as the OP asked for real world mpg (not off the computer) I volunteered the most accurate method I have. I don't work out how many miles I do til the light comes on, or how far I can go on a tenner, or sit with a calculator working out litres to gallons then miles achieved then divide by the relevant factor to produce a real world figure which is absolute for that tankful but will need recalculating next time I fill up etc.

I just get 600 miles per tank out of a Seat Altea, then I fill up. Anyone interested can work it out further if they choose, but I'm gonna go wash the car or something. :p

Last edited:

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Mine gets a constant 46mpg over a tankfull with normal driving and the occasional blast each day.
If i use it with a light foot all week i get 50mpg over a tankfull.
The trip computer on mine is very accurate and i've not seen any more than 0.8 miles out from an actual reading. I can live with that accuracy especially when i see 630 miles per tank or more.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Well I worked mine out as filled to the second click on the pump, run the car until needs refuelling, fill again to the second click on the pump. Look how many litres I put in and work it ou from there.

Densley2387

Diesel Addict
Feb 21, 2007
Leicester
i'm getting between 49-55mpg and am mainly doing pretty short motorway runs.

But when i was in france on the toll road for about 300 miles i was getting crazy mpg of about 60 because it was just constant driving no slowing down etc.

kenny629

mine might/must be wrong as im driving it like a granny and its telling me im getting 44mpg!!

and its estimating ill get 480 miles from a full tank, althogh it is crappy sainsburys fuel and before i filled it to the brim i was thrashing so perhaps i need to drive a bet futher for it to 'reset' itself?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.