What REAL mpg do you get from yours?

sfalcus

Mar 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well a change in driving style for me has upped mine from averaging 39MPG a month ago to averaging 46MPG now - thats a combination so far of 180 motorway miles and several small trips amounting to about 50 miles.

On motorway journeys i'm getting about 52 - 55 MPG average - if i stick to 60 and below it creeps over 60 MPG.

All about how you drive the car IMO

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
On a stretch down the motorway last week i saw 54mpg over 170 miles. 55mpg on the trip back up on thursday, and the car has just under half a tank left with 480 miles on the clock. so i'm expecting i could see 700+ easily enough if i did the same journey again on this tank full.

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
After todays trip which ended up being longer than planned i had 478 miles on the clock and the computor said i had 70 left in the tank and i was doing 49mpg. that was doing 80 with lights and wipers on most of the time. cost me £60 to fill the bugger when i got back.
I'm quite pleases with the mpg though.

chrisarmes

previously i have had a remap by custom code (jbs autodesigns) and i was ell happy with it but it was on my 20v turbo, are they good for diesel tuning to?

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Usually get around 43mpg per tank and individual journeys ranged from 39mpg-45mpg.

Drove like Granny earlier this week and individual journeys ranged from 46mpg-56mpg.

Reckon I can get tank ranges up to perhaps 600 miles out of the vented beeza tank if I wanted to (can cram in 52 litres if I try!) whereas normally I struggle to hit 500 miles with venting....400 miles without.

Diesel prices may mean I drive like Granny more often so if you see a red 05 cupra TDI dawdling around the M60 between 0730-0830H & 1630-1730H weekdays give us a wave!

leontdi130

Jan 20, 2008
Euxton (Chorley)
i cant fill my leon at the moment. got it back from the body shop the other day and they used the petrol flap to match the paint up but they haven't connected it up properly so i cant get it open to add a few quid to labours christmas party fund.

GTV

Veggie powered TDi's
Feb 16, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Just done the first Tank in the Cordoba Vario, 530 miles which was a mix of motoway and B roads works out to be just under 55mpg :) I am happy with that.

blizeH

May 12, 2008
Was getting around ~60mpg driving at a reasonable pace on the motorway, mum started messing with the climate control and ever since it's been on ~54mpg or so.

Now, obviously comfort is important and I'd rather sacrifice a bit of economy for the days when it's really hot/cold and I need the air conditioning on, but most of the time it's not really needed -- what exactly is the situation with the climate control? I assume the ... erm, icicle (lol) icon means the air conditioning is on, and the auto icon means climate control is on?

Cheers

blizeH

May 12, 2008
That's awesome, thank you so much for the great descriptions.

Would it be safe to say then, that the best setup would be auto without icicle for regular driving (it controls the temperature, but no air conditioning sucking the diesel) and then auto with icicle for the times when I need a good bit of cooling? :)

Cheers

Last edited: