What should my car come with?

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
So, with any luck I'll finally be picking my Leon up tomorrow.

As my car is an ex demo, I was just wondering what stuff I should be looking out for. What I mean is, if the car was new, I guess it would come with the manual, the sat nav SD card box, etc.

Any suggestions as to what I should make sure I'm given? What did other people receive when picking up their brand new Leons?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
One thing you should check is there is the locking wheel nut key. Dealers have a habit of removing them, in my experience anyway. I had an ex demo Clio and got a puncture, needed to put my spare on and found no locking wheel nut key, and it was a Sunday :(

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
One thing you should check is there is the locking wheel nut key. Dealers have a habit of removing them, in my experience anyway. I had an ex demo Clio and got a puncture, needed to put my spare on and found no locking wheel nut key, and it was a Sunday :(

Good thinking, one to add to my list ;)

Cheers

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
If you don't have a spare then make sure you have the polystyrene block in the void which should contain a compressor and the stuff to fill the tyre with gunk that will never work if you do get a flat. There is also a hole in there for the locking nut.

Also check you have two media connection wires in the glove box as well as the DVD size case for tha satnav. The manual should come in a small. roughly A6 faux leather wallet type of thing and I think it may have the service book separate (can't remember).

Make sure you get two car keys.

And make sure you have the correct floor mats (they may through the ex demo ones away, so make sure you have like for like replacements).

And make sure they include a full tank of fuel!

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Cheers for the reply Marve. A couple of things on there which I hadn't added to my list!

The car has the Sound Pack, so comes with the spare wheel and subwoofer. When I test drove the car it had both cables and was told that the car will come with them, will make sure they are present though.

I'm hoping for a full tank of fuel, but it's exactly that, hope!

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
I have always included the full tank of fuel as the last part in my negotiation before I shake their hand. "Obviously we aren't going to fall out over a tank of fuel, are we?"

When I picked up mine, the salesman had 'forgot' so I reminded him as they are connected to a petrol garage as well.

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Beginning to think I should have mentioned. I just know that on my last couple of cars it's been such a hassle trying to get the fuel that I haven't bothered.

But then again, I was originally supposed to collect on Sunday and they got the date wrong, so I mentioned that as a gesture of goodwill, they should put fuel in. Will be interesting to see if that actually happens though.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
I got mats, 3/4 tank fuel, remainder of tax left in and an iphone in car charger added to what was already a good deal.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Oh and make sure that when you trade your old car in, keep the tax disc. You can send it off for a refund on the remaining full months of tax :)

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
That is a very good point about the tax disc, one I hadn't thought about. Tax on my current car is not cheap so I'll make sure to remember that one!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I have always included the full tank of fuel as the last part in my negotiation before I shake their hand. "Obviously we aren't going to fall out over a tank of fuel, are we?"

When I picked up mine, the salesman had 'forgot' so I reminded him as they are connected to a petrol garage as well.

No such luck for me, picked my car up, "I've put twenty quid of fuel in for you" says the salesman
That's nice I thought, he then demanded twenty quid

Guess which dealer our next 3 cars came from lol

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'd have asked for the receipt for the fuel if I was paying for it without seeing it go in. When I picked mine up the salesman came with me to the station to fill it up.

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
My God!! What dealers did you all go to? I did not have to ask! They just said "and of course she will be ready with a full tank of petrol". I use SG Smith and a full tank is taken as just part of the handover process. I dont give my car back running on fumes. If the fuel was in anyway an "issue" with a dealer I was buying a car from then it would be a deal breaker. It is not something a reputable dealer should see as an "extra" just a courtesy!!!

slo007

Jun 15, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
Mine came with 1/4 fuel tank, didn't get a copy of the invoice, and the plates I requested with 'GB' logo didn't come on the car. Overall, 4 out of 5 stars to dealership in Stoke.

Last edited:

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
Picked her up today, very very impressed. No pics yet as it was dark when I got home. Got nearly half a tank of fuel and a food hamper, nice for the other half!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
I was a bit too pre-occupied with my new car to care about the food hamper! :p

The car just gets better every time I drive it, so impressed with the High Beam Assist, very handy!