What small modifications have you added to your Leon?

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
fan jets spray a "fan" of water on the windscreen instead of the stupid 3 jet spray pattern. you get a much better coverage of washer fluid on your screen.

Thanks Ocularis!

Yeah that sounds like a big improvement and one that is actually worth having, rather than one that just looks cool like the needle sweep.

Now to find someone that can do it all for me!

Last edited:

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
Thanks Ocularis!

Yeah that sounds like a big improvement and one that is actually worth having, rather than one that just looks cool like the needle sweep.

Now to find someone that can do it all for me!
You could do this pop to the dealer buy the fan jets pop them in very easy to do no tools req

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
You could do this pop to the dealer buy the fan jets pop them in very easy to do no tools req

Thanks corfyboy. Do you have any idea as to how much they cost?

Also, I know the answer will probably be a big fat no, but I don't suppose the dealer would hook my car up to VCDS and make the other changes for me?

CharlesTheTog

Jan 28, 2015

Also, I know the answer will probably be a big fat no, but I don't suppose the dealer would hook my car up to VCDS and make the other changes for me?

I think i paid between £20 and £30

Ocularis

Jan 2, 2015
Northampton
I paid around £42 for heated ones from a skoda dealer.

as for the changes... some garages may enable some of them for you, but someone local may be able to do them for some beer tokens or something (depending on your location).

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com

As per what the other guys have said. Range from £12 if you have winter pack you will have heated washer jets.. They range from £40. You can replace them with none heated ones but for the extra money I would put heated ones on if you have winter pack.. Best bet with the vcd codings is speak to one of the guys in the workshop. best bet Saturday morning.. Some will send you packing some will help you.
What area are you from the vcd list may find someone to help you

Last edited:

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
As per what the other guys have said. Range from £12 if you have winter pack you will have heated washer jets.. They range from £40. You can replace them with none heated ones but for the extra money I would put heated ones on if you have winter pack.. Best bet with the vcd codings is speak to one of the guys in the workshop. best bet Saturday morning.. Some will send you packing some will help you.
What area are you from the vcd list may find someone to help you

I don't have the winter pack so looking at the more expensive ones if I wanted heated I guess.

I live near Oxford. I've created a thread in that section so I'll see if anything comes up as would obviously prefer to do it for beer tokens rather than cold hard cash!

DaveChill

Apr 16, 2015
UK
I don't have the winter pack so looking at the more expensive ones if I wanted heated I guess.

I live near Oxford. I've created a thread in that section so I'll see if anything comes up as would obviously prefer to do it for beer tokens rather than cold hard cash!

I would check before you get the heated ones. Doesn't take a few mins to get them off. If you don't have the winter pack your unlikely to have the required wiring in place.

I don't have the winter pack, so I just got the non heated ones. £9.32 from the local VW dealer. (The only different is a VW logo instead of SEAT. and its on the underneath so only you know. Plus SEAT wanted abit more for them and my SEAT dealer is a few miles further away, so would have cost more in fuel....) ;)

Also I agree, some mods are just for the cool factor. Some are pretty useful thou.

Like cornering fogs, its great to have that bit of extra light as you drive up on to your drive at night.

Hooblue

Apr 9, 2015
I would check before you get the heated ones. Doesn't take a few mins to get them off. If you don't have the winter pack your unlikely to have the required wiring in place.

I don't have the winter pack, so I just got the non heated ones. £9.32 from the local VW dealer. (The only different is a VW logo instead of SEAT. and its on the underneath so only you know. Plus SEAT wanted abit more for them and my SEAT dealer is a few miles further away, so would have cost more in fuel....) ;)

Also I agree, some mods are just for the cool factor. Some are pretty useful thou.

Like cornering fogs, its great to have that bit of extra light as you drive up on to your drive at night.

Thanks for the advice. Luckily the VW dealership and Seat are all on the same motorpark, so I'll go between the two to get the best price.

As for the cornering lights, I've got the full LED lights so not bothered about them really, although I do have them on my Honda CRV and and do find them useful.

DaveChill

Apr 16, 2015
UK
does anybody have the VW Part Number for the fan jets (NON Heated)

Fan Jet Part No 5MO 955 985 C 9B9

I have before and after pics of the replacement, but there is a really good sticky thread with all the info on the forum. I would post a link but i don't have enough posts to add links.

Cheers

Last edited:

DaveChill

Apr 16, 2015
UK
Thanks for the advice. Luckily the VW dealership and Seat are all on the same motorpark, so I'll go between the two to get the best price.

As for the cornering lights, I've got the full LED lights so not bothered about them really, although I do have them on my Honda CRV and and do find them useful.

Yeah, I have the Full LED headlights too, the best headlights I have ever had on a car.

But still fancied the cornering fogs, so I enabled them.

Trouble is the bulbs are yellow instead of the nice bright white of the headlights, since they are not LED like the headlights. Probably the reason SEAT turned them the cornering fogs off with Full LED headlights.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Yeah, I have the Full LED headlights too, the best headlights I have ever had on a car.

But still fancied the cornering fogs, so I enabled them.

Trouble is the bulbs are yellow instead of the nice bright white of the headlights, since they are not LED like the headlights. Probably the reason SEAT turned them the cornering fogs off with Full LED headlights.

You can get LED bulbs for the fog lights - there was a thread about them a while back.

5000k gives you the same white as the headlights.

corfyboy

Sep 28, 2014
plus.google.com
fffe390ee9d2e0f1b5fba3ce0e668167.jpg

Added a basket type luggage net it even matches my car colour

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
small mods i have done are
fan jet washers
black vinyl behind number plate
interior lights to led
carpeted glove box
number plate surrounds
alloy foot pedals and footrest
FR wheel centre caps

keskin

Apr 20, 2015
small mods i have done are
fan jet washers
black vinyl behind number plate
interior lights to led
carpeted glove box
number plate surrounds
alloy foot pedals and footrest
FR wheel centre caps
Hello mate, can i ask you how did you do the carpeted glove box??

Keeps buggin me and my friends are being d.ck about it(they say golf has it and so its better car)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.