What sort of Alarm do our cars come with?

Sharp

Just wondering what sort of alarm our cars come with...given the i have yet to hear mine...and was wondering how sensitive it is(ie: whats needed to set it off)
thanks
and again it may sound like a stupid question but it's hard when your manual is in a foreign language...:shrug:
i accidently posted this in the MK1 forum the first time... got lots of replys but dunno if they apply...

Last edited by a moderator:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
try and set it off mate :)

Alteratively you can unlock the drivers side with the key, then open the passenger side, it will go off

Sharp

hmmm tried that and it didn't go off, and tried locking myself in and moving about and that didn't work either....:confused: i just want to know what it sounds like and how sensitive it is.....doesn't to seem very sensitive as of yet...:think:

hangten0

You may well know this info, but always good to ask the obvious first of all;

do you click the alarm button once or twice when you lock your car ? (if you click it twice it locks the car but turns alarm sensor in car off, good if you are travelling with your dog)

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
my insurance co called me and asked me to supply my alarm name and type also cat status? i said factory fitted but they still want the cat status.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
If your car has internal sensors they won't work straight away, usually about a 1 min delay.
Other wise pop your bonnet, hold the bonnet pin switch down, set the alarm and release the pin switch, should get lots of noise.

Fastbaz

Fastbaz
Nov 26, 2006
west midlands
i have a 2005 fr tdi leon left the car locked no keys in the ignition and mother in law in car ... went into shops came out after about 5 mins and alarm was going off nothing fancy though just a sort of horn noise parp parp parp etc... mother in law looking innocent.... wasnt really that impressed////:think: :think:

FR*Man1984

time for a MINI adventure
Take a look here http://www.abi.org.uk/carinsurance/search.asp

My Leon Mk2 Stylance 1.9Tdi comes up as having insurance group "T1 = An alarm/immobiliser combination that has been judged to comply to the Thatcham criteria"

But doesn't state what category.

If it states status T1 that means its Thatcham Approved Category 1 Criteria which is the highest alarm/immobilser combined grade.

If you lock the car, wait 10 secs, and unlock it manually with the key...(not the remote) that should set the alarm off. The siren on my Ibiza is a high pitched siren type of alarm. Not sure about the Leon as my dad's ain't gone off yet!

Sharp

i've tried all the tricks you guys mentioned to get mine to go off, but it seems like it must be an option in Hungary or something.....mine is a 1.6L Stylance...i thought it should have all the bells and whistles....:( gonna have to spend another 200quid to get her alarmed now[:@]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.