what spark plugs fit mk4 ibiza 6L 1.4 petrol?

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
my mk4 6L ibiza burns through fuel quite fast, so im considering changing the spark plugs, but when i use the compatibility tool on ebay, it says none of them work with my car

its a 2008 ibiza sportrider. 1.4 petrol, 6L (unsure of BHP, but pretty sure its 16V). i dont know how to remove the plastic engine cover, but also need to know what plugs i need, i did check the manual but it doesnt say, honest

thanks!

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Check what NGK suggest on their website, your engine type should be on the cam belt timing cover paper label - and else where.

The engine cover/air filter assembly just pulls off with maybe a small rubber pipe to remove once you can lift it up a bit.

It is secured by 4 large grommets being pushed down over 4 waisted pegs, start by rocking the front up and down at each end until you find one fixing point comes free then do the same with the other front one, after that do the same for the rears ones.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
is it worth handing the service book when i have the plugs changed and get them to stamp it?

R3k1355

Oct 30, 2014
Yorkshire
How much of the service are they actually doing though??
If they're just changing the plugs they could very well tell you to piss off.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
How much of the service are they actually doing though??
If they're just changing the plugs they could very well tell you to piss off.
theyre just changing the plugs and then checking my rear washer. fair enough about them telling me to piss off haha. its my first car so not sure about proper procedure for a lot of things

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.