What tires should i get for my leon??

Rdi07

Jun 15, 2018
hi guys i have the 2013 leon 2.0 tdi fr 150bp and im unsure on what front tyres to get... i bought this cat second hand around 6 months ago the NSF has only have about 0.5 -1mm till legal limit in the uk so swapping both as the other is probs gunna need changing in like april due to cracking.. i never asked the seat what they recommend to put on and i want to change both fronts in time for winter so i dont have to worry about them

i dont really like goodyears but will give them ago if you recommend them to be the best.. was looking maybe dunlops or pirellis my wheels are 225/45 R17...

many thanks

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Anything but Bridgestones. Continental 6Ps are good but the best are Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss. Have them on my Golf and they are excellent. Not sure if they do a 17” one though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
I have the Goodyear’s at the mo on the front of mine (18s) they are so much better than the Bridgestone and price wise were a steal through black circles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Anything but Bridgestones. Continental 6Ps are good but the best are Michelin Pilot Sport 4Ss.

Agreed! The Bridgestones are awful. I'd go Pilot Sport 4 every time.

Reactions: xyz

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Ive recently put a pair of Dunlop sportmaxx rt2's on the front of my fr with 18s and so far I love them. The harder you push them in the dry the better they seem to grip and wet grip is good too. To early to tell what wear is like though. They are quieter than the Bridgestone I replaced too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Agreed, anything but Bridgestones, I had the same 2.0TDI DSG with ER300 Ecopia, they would light em up so easilly, and once entering the 50mph slip road, and I put my foot down in the wet, well, let's say I didn't get going very well....as above, Michelin PS4 / Primacy 4 (apparently these last forever!), GY Eagle series, Dunlop SM RT series, and if you live somewhere where snow is a given or you live on a hill (you mentioned winter), possibly even Michelin Crossclimate. As always new tyres (if buying 2) to the rear, unless of course they were rotated and are equally worn... me personally if I had 4 new tyres, I would use them till the fronts get down to about 4-5mm, as they still have grip, chuck them to the rears, bring the rears that are likely to have 6-7mm to the fronts, and change all 4 when they all get under 3mm, or thereabouts. This is just me. However most would recommend you, put the rears to the front, and new ones on the rears. This means however you will never get new rubber on the driven wheels!

@ 10k miles, my Bridgestone ER300s were down to 5mm fronts and rears had 7mm. Had I kept the car, I might have swapped them round soon after...but it went back to them at the end of PCP.

Rdi07

Jun 15, 2018
thanls so far for the help im torn between the goodyear f1s or maybe some perrelis bit worried after hearing the f1s are one of the wordt summer tyres in the snow as they become slicks...
i know all summer are bad but surelyy theres a performance tyres that doesnt crack to bad and stuff in the snow??

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
thanls so far for the help im torn between the goodyear f1s or maybe some perrelis bit worried after hearing the f1s are one of the wordt summer tyres in the snow as they become slicks...
i know all summer are bad but surelyy theres a performance tyres that doesnt crack to bad and stuff in the snow??

I have the goodyears... they are brilliant tyres in the summer, but they are a hideous winter tyre. I nearly ended up in a ditch at 15mph due to a light dusting of snow a couple of years back. I was really caught off guard about how bad they were, I've never experienced something that bad!

I'd get them again but just means snow is a no go....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members