What to do? Not the usual clutch dilemma!

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Basically, i'm selling my FR tdi BUT I don't really stand much of a chance whilst it has a single mass flywheel fitted (found this out today first hand). Anyone that has one or know someone that has one will know what I mean.

So basically, i'm just trying to figure out my options (and what works out cheapest)....

1. Keep the map on and get a sachs uprated unit with an oem dmf?
2. Fit an oem clutch and flywheel and get the map taken off?
3. Fit an oem clutch and flywheel and leave the map on?

I know 3 will be the cheapest, but its also the riskiest in terms of the new clutch slipping.

I suppose i'm just after a bit of advice as its doing my head in.

Do i have to go back to the who did the map to have it removed or can any mapper do it?

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
If your selling it, id just go standard clutch and DMF and keep the map on. Or reduce the price for the buyer and say get it done yourself.

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
anyone have a rough idea on price for the oem clutch and flywheel (for ARL engine)?

EDIT: £328.84 all-in from eurocarparts.

Last edited:

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
Confussed, if you are used to driving the car with the SMF, and you are selling it as a modified car, then surely a buyer would understand the reasoning behind it?? Are they that bad to drive with?

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
itwasn't a privae buyer. I got offered a very good trade in price but as soon as he heard it idling...no deal. He knew that it there was nothing wrong with it...just he would struggle to sell it on which i suppose is fair enough.

its a pleasure to drive, x10 better than the oem combo...it just makes a racket when idling.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.