What tyres?

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Wondering what tyres to get for my Cupra as they are due to be replaced.
Something that lasts ideally!

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Depends how heavy your right foot is... :D

If you want decent tyres then have a look at Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's. Awesome tyres.:1st:

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I'm currently on Vredestein Sessanta's. They seem ok. Most of my driving is motorway miles.
I tried the F1 Asymetric and found it wore quicker than others, it also had the best grip and best going through standing water performance.
Ideally I'm after somethign that last a little longer though.
Is there a website to compare durability of the rubber their made from?

Thanks.

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
The original F1 Asymmetrics wore quite quickly but they've improved the wear rate on the Assy 2's (allegedly). Got them on my FR and they're better in all depts compared to my previous Contisportcontact 3's and P-Zero Rossos.

Some members with Stage 2+ Cupras are also running them.

This site is good for reviews etc.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

Last edited:

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Thanks, I think it will be the Asymetric 2, after looking at what mileage I did on them it worked out at an average of 22.2k per pair.
Just wondering what the difference is between these tyres:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40 R18 92Y XL R1 - £127.30

and

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40 R18 88Y - £139.00

Any ideas?

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Just wondering what the difference is between these tyres:

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40 R18 92Y XL R1 - £127.30

and

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 225/40 R18 88Y - £139.00

Any ideas?

You want the top ones as they're XL (Extra Load) rated and the correct tyres for a Leon. :)

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
Currently using the pilots. savage tyre well worth the extra few quid.

Just put 4 PS3's on my car and they are very good so far. Seem to have more grip in the wet than the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's they replaced, and they were great in the wet. They should wear better too as they have wear rating of 320.:)

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Where do you get the tread wear rating from? I can't find it on any of the websites?

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Are all of the above classed as 'summer' tyres?

I'm currently running a set of 'All Weathers' from Finland - not by choice, they were on when i bought the car. Initially I was worried, but now i'm converted and to be honest it makes sense - i mean how much of a summer do we get in the UK?!?!?!

Redemption

Jun 18, 2011
Hampshire
Are all of the above classed as 'summer' tyres?

I'm currently running a set of 'All Weathers' from Finland - not by choice, they were on when i bought the car. Initially I was worried, but now i'm converted and to be honest it makes sense - i mean how much of a summer do we get in the UK?!?!?!

Most are 'Summer' tyres but I still keep them on in Winter. Just have to be a bit more sensible when it's near freezing. Not tried mine in snow yet though.