What Wash Kit Do I Need?

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
To make my paint look like new?

Got the grit gaurd bucket, lambs wool wash mitt & large drying towel, aswell as claying my car for the first time ever at the weekend, didnt realise how dirty it was!

What other clothes should i be using for applying, removing polish?
What polish should I use? I use Auto Glym Super Resin at moment, what about a wax too?
I've bought most my kit off of chemical guys so far, so would prefer to use stuff off there if possible, but willing to try other stuff too!

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
I use meguirs applicator pads for the stuff i use, they are expensive, £4 for 2 pads but i like them.

Once ive clayed the car and washed it again, ill then use a paint cleanser, a polish and then a wax.

I will eventually add a glaze and sealent between the polish and wax stage. This is only something i do every 2-3 months.

For removing products i use microfibre towels, which i find work quite well.

I use meguirs nxt tech wax sray, it is ok but i find that it comes off quickly. Going to change my wax to dodo juice orange crush (i have an ovni yellow R)

hope this helps?

FR_Flavoured

Going to change my wax to dodo juice orange crush (i have an ovni yellow R)

The names of all these different waxes and cleaning products makes it difficult to decide whether you should be sticking it on your car, or drinking it !! :D

The dodo juice orange crush sounds refreshing!

demon_dan

To make my paint look like new?

Got the grit gaurd bucket, lambs wool wash mitt & large drying towel, aswell as claying my car for the first time ever at the weekend, didnt realise how dirty it was!

What other clothes should i be using for applying, removing polish?
What polish should I use? I use Auto Glym Super Resin at moment, what about a wax too?
I've bought most my kit off of chemical guys so far, so would prefer to use stuff off there if possible, but willing to try other stuff too!

To apply polish/sealant/anything except wax I use a foam applicator. I haven't used those from the Chem Guys site but from there I'd pick these: Durafoam Die Cut 4 Inch Applicator Pads 2 Pack
For wax I use a microfibre applicator, a bit more expensive but I find them less harsh and easier to use especially on a hard wax. I'd pick these: MICROFIBER APPLICATORS PREMIUM GRADE BLUE 2"x4"x6"(2-Pieces)
I always use microfibre cloths for buffing but again I use a more expensive one for buffing the wax. I'm not sure which I'd pick from the Chem Guys site as I haven't used any of them but I'd probably opt for these: New Improved Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel 16x16 3PK
AGSRP is fine, I wouldn't spend more on another polish until you need to. For wax there are so many and such a huge price range, XXX Hardcore Paste Wax is a good all round affordable wax, easy on/off with good results.

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
The names of all these different waxes and cleaning products makes it difficult to decide whether you should be sticking it on your car, or drinking it !! :D

The dodo juice orange crush sounds refreshing!

lol it does sound tasty, will make sure i remember what i order :D

NagaBurns

Jan 22, 2010
Shropshire
I used to use the Super Resin Polish but I found that it filled any of the deeper scratches and left them white:cry: it is also abrasive so not something to use every couple of weeks.

I get my detailing kit from a site called w ww.cleanyourcar.co.uk and you can get an amazing glaze from them called Black hole, made by a company called Poorboys. My other half has a metalic black car and it has a fantastic effect on the paintwork after claying.
I have tried to insert a picture but the post count I have is working against me:(

All the best
Lee

McCann87

Mar 5, 2009
Middlesbrough
Yeah i had some scratches on my car roof, god knows how they got there! but the AGSRP got rid of most of it after one polish.

Think will wait until its ran out & get another polish & only use AGSRP when theres scratches etc.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise