What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
I've just done this whole double din conversion. Got a fascia adaptor of the CarAudioandSecurity.com website.. I've managed to buy the wrong shade of grey haha. And got my adaptor for my aftermarket Kenwood stereo bits off eBay, company called LiquidIce, they supplied my Iso adaptor and came with a free patch lead (Which enables steering wheel controls) then bought a Fakra aerial adaptor from Radioworld off eBay too. All works completely fine.. just my whole dashboard is two shades of grey which is really bugging me.

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Sorry in advance if this is something that's been answered before but i want to change the stereo in my 57 leon fr, now am I correct with the following is what I will need, steering wheel control box (CTSST001), aerial adapter (CT27AA14), patch lead depending on brand of new radio, double din fascia and the new radio, is it all plug and play or is there something else involved.

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Yeah that should be it. I found it quite a squeeze though. There's a company on eBay called Liquidice2008and I got my aftermarket stereo adaptor off them and they supply a free patch lead with it. Then its just a Fakra aerial adaptor and that should be it.

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Its for the power I think. When you get your new stereo it'll come with a manual and it'll have all the cable colour codes in it.

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
So I ordered everything and come round to fitting it but had the following problems:

1) Double din fascia adaptor - I got the right shade but the clips on the left/right and bottom are simply too big to go into the inserts. Has anyone else had this problem?

2) Connects2 ISO adapter - theres so many cables etc coming out of that thing, I don't even know what to connect to what, anyone have a guide?

FR.MAN

May 29, 2014

Yeah you will lose the factory Bluetooth function

All

Looking to change my factory fitted stereo with an aftermarket double din JVC,
Am I right in thinking if i change the factory fitted stereo i will lose my factory bluetooth for handsfree?

Thanks All

What about if i upgrade it to an latest rns510 with satnav

Will I be able to use the factory fitted bluetooth?

Cheers

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
So I ordered everything and come round to fitting it but had the following problems:

1) Double din fascia adaptor - I got the right shade but the clips on the left/right and bottom are simply too big to go into the inserts. Has anyone else had this problem?

2) Connects2 ISO adapter - theres so many cables etc coming out of that thing, I don't even know what to connect to what, anyone have a guide?

1. Yes, this is why in my Youtube video I mention that I'm waiting for the SEAT part as I don't fancy the advice of removing the yellow inserts.

2. I must admit that once I had the Leon Mk2 specific one, there wasn't a lot of room for doubt, do you have the generic one ? As I also mention in the video, there is an awful lot of information about that is either not quite correct in all cases, assumes wider knowledge than the reader possibly has or is incomplete. I found that once I went to the Connects2 website and had a good read, everything became pretty clear.

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
1. Yes, this is why in my Youtube video I mention that I'm waiting for the SEAT part as I don't fancy the advice of removing the yellow inserts.

2. I must admit that once I had the Leon Mk2 specific one, there wasn't a lot of room for doubt, do you have the generic one ? As I also mention in the video, there is an awful lot of information about that is either not quite correct in all cases, assumes wider knowledge than the reader possibly has or is incomplete. I found that once I went to the Connects2 website and had a good read, everything became pretty clear.

Hi mate,

1) Have you recieved the SEAT one? If so, was it easy to fit?

2) I got the exact same one you got, from the Connects2 website, but I'll have a look at their site and hopefully it makes sense.

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
Hi mate,

1) Have you recieved the SEAT one? If so, was it easy to fit?

2) I got the exact same one you got, from the Connects2 website, but I'll have a look at their site and hopefully it makes sense.

1. No joy from SEAT yet, on back order since late April.

2. I don't know what unit you want to fit it to but the Connects2 loom went into the Leon plug that has a kind of locking arm on it and the other end plugged into the back of the Philips, the spare cables at the back of the Philips were handbrake sensor, five Steering wheel cables (I only connected one) and other things I didn't need such as reversing camera, external mic, AV2, subwoofer out.
The radio and GPS aerial I connected and the only bit of thinking involved tapping into a +12V supply for the Fakra aerial.

http://www.connects2.co.uk/ProductInformation.aspx?id=10780&p=CTSST001.2

nick-fr

Jun 9, 2014
bristol
Got the radio fitted and luckily the cage that came with the radio was secure enough, I connected the blue wire from the aerial into the Blue/white bullet connector from the radio, plugged in the patch lead then the quadlock, fed the park brake sensor through and clamped it on the handbrake wire and it all seems to be working fine so far, fingers crossed lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth

I had the same problem with the adaptor not fitting in properly, I contacted the supplier and they said trimming will be required. So trimmed the clips and it fitted just make sure you trim little and keep checking to see if it fits - don't want a loose adaptor.

And the ISO adaptor, it is quite complicated but the big plugs should connect straight in and then the odd wires for the Steering controls need to be connected up to correspondence with the wires from the stereo, your stereo should have the wiring diagram in the manual.

goldie87

Nov 20, 2010
Midlands
I had the same problem with the adaptor not fitting in properly, I contacted the supplier and they said trimming will be required. So trimmed the clips and it fitted just make sure you trim little and keep checking to see if it fits - don't want a loose adaptor.

And the ISO adaptor, it is quite complicated but the big plugs should connect straight in and then the odd wires for the Steering controls need to be connected up to correspondence with the wires from the stereo, your stereo should have the wiring diagram in the manual.

In the end, I got the official SEAT fascia adaptor and it worked a treat, slot right through.

The ISO adaptor,however, I'm just stuck, I've got the unit fitted in right now, just not taking advantage of the stereo controls as I'm not sure how to wire it (i'm pretty crap with wiring), so may just pay someone to do it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.