What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

charlotte7651

Dec 6, 2014
Cage

Oh, that's a shame. We gave up with feeding all the cables to the back of the unit in the end and got a pro to do it, even he said it was a nightmare! Got a new car now though and we shan't be doing it all again!

6moe66

Apr 4, 2011
I removed the glovebox to feed the GPS cable through.

I got this head unit which comes with all of the adapters needed to fit, everything plugs straight in and works:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DVD-GPS-sat-nav-VW-PASSAT-TIGUAN-TOURAN-POLO-CADDY-GOLF-T5-SEAT-Sharan-Jetta-/321424586798?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

It also has the SEAT boot logo and a nice red and black background so looks very OEM. You can add your own backgrounds so I'm going to load a SEAT one! All I had to buy were removal keys, screws etc. for mounting it and the nav fascia.

Do you still have this head unit? Great piece of kit and easy to install but only problem is the boot up logo can be changed to SEAT but the menu page only has vw/skoda to chose from did you find any way around this RobDon or anyone else?

lcrmillsy

Apr 7, 2014
Do you still have this head unit? Great piece of kit and easy to install but only problem is the boot up logo can be changed to SEAT but the menu page only has vw/skoda to chose from did you find any way around this RobDon or anyone else?

Anyone know this, as i'm looking to get one?
Just returned my Android (Pumpkin) as i just couldn't get it to be reliable with WIFI and radio reception was pants [:@]

elcomp

Feb 27, 2016
Hello
I want to change my stereo in my 2009 seat Leon.
What do I need?
The square adapter with the screws or the top fascia?
Because how I suppose to fit the unit with the screws if I have only the top fascia?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Please can anyone help and suggest why my XTRONS TB706APL isnt powering on? I have connected with the correct connector Autoleads BMW Harness Adpator PC2-75-4. I have noticed the Seat stereo (which is working) has one of those 10A mini fuses while the Xtrons has the standard size 15A fuse. Do I need to change the fuse in the fuse box to match?

Last edited:

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Went into Halfords and gave them the reg, it bought up details of my car on their screen and they went and fetched the harness which connects all correctly.

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
I thought you are here because it doesn't work, I would expect any harness to fit an ISO connector

Any harness doesn't connect as there are different connections and I originally bought the wrong one (PC2-69-4 which is for the earlier LEON). The Halfords person advised me the same connector fits the car group BMW, VW, Skoda, Audi and Seat. I have double checked the connector with Halfords on their national line. Are you insisting this is wrong and you are right?

Last edited:

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
Hopefully, I may have found the answer on the xtrons support page

In general If you have purchased an ISO adapter or your vehicle has a standard ISO connection getting power to your unit should be as simple as plugging the connections together, however there are a few exceptions.

These exceptions will generally present in one or more of the following ways.
-The unit will not switch on
-The unit will not hold the memory function for the time or radio
-The unit will switch on at first installation and will not switch on after the ignition or stereo is switched off
-The unit lights up when reset is pressed but will not switch on

If you are experiencing any of the above or something similar you will need to make slight alterations to how the ISO is wired.

For correct operation the stereo needs to be powered as descibed here
-Yellow Wire 12V permanent
-Red Wire 12V Switched from the ignition (ACC)
-Black Ground

Most commonly this is resolved by "Reversing the Lives" this is simply removing the RED and YELLOW wire and exchanging their position in the ISO . Each pin has a small tab that can be depressed with a small flat screwdriver allowing you to remove the pin from the ISO connection, when removed press the tab out so it will lock into place when reinserted.

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016
I bought a generic VW fitting kit from Ebay that was junk and failed for the same reason, I don't know why Halfords sold you what they did but I had no joy until I bought this
I could have dicked about with routing permament lives etc but I wanted to do it right

Thanks for trying to help. Anyway it still doesn't work and something else may be to blame. Either of those two wiring configs should power the unit on whatever the other connections. I will take the whole lot to Halfords tomorrow then we can see if the HU unit is faulty.

Last edited:

Westindieman

Sep 4, 2016

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
Yes that looks like the one I used, because I was asked here to do so I uploaded a video of my fitting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNy4gZFnzyI
and I listed the components in the More info
Components required to fit as seen.
Double DIN cage
VW Golf Mark 5 Double DIN Fascia adaptor
A Fakra Aerial convertor.
From the Connects2 website
Part No. CTSST001.2
Part No. CTPHILIPSLEAD - the single cable connects to the Brown SWC Lead that comes out of the Philips (the other 4 SWC leads don't seem to be needed)
At time of the video waiting for the official Seat double din fascia.

hindh

Oct 17, 2016
Hi guys!
Great thread!
I do have a question though.. Is it possible to connect my stock "aux" input in my centre console to the "aux" input on the stereo?
Or do i have to re-route the cable from the back of my new head-unit and have a cable out?

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
I think you lose that function as soon as you take out the stock unit so to get it back would be something like your suggestion

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.