Whats fuel economy like in your new Copras?

Musgrave91

Jan 24, 2019
I noticed the same on ours, but starting to creep up now. Should get around 30mpg if you haven’t got a lead foot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Some things which should be very important to note is what gearbox you guys have, 6speed DSG/ 7speed DSG or the manual.
The 7-speed DSG should be the most efficient one, especially if you are doing alot of highway/larger roads.
I previously had a Cupra 290 with the 6-speed DSG and that revved quite alot in highways and caused high fuel consumption due to the rpm..

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
150 miles into my 300mile drive.. sat on the motorway at 70 the whole way and averaging 34.8mpg so far, engine obviously needs bedding in

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: xyz

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Somehow the words "economy" and "Cupra" don't combine in my head ;)
...with that said, my 4drive is a bit more thirsty than what I anticipated, specially when compared to the cousin Octavia VRS it replaced.
On a road trip through Norway, with long stints without traffic and low speed limits, it did quite well... But around town it is a disgrace ;)

Jonno02

Apr 8, 2015
150 miles into my 300mile drive.. sat on the motorway at 70 the whole way and averaging 34.8mpg so far, engine obviously needs bedding in

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
You won't get much better than that. Mine is on 15k miles and sees those figures.

Reactions: kiddo

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
Cupra mode won't make you use anymore fuel tbh due to it not giving you anymore power only better throttle response
Of course it will use more fuel, when it's on the throttle responce is sharpened so it accelerates harder. The gearbox over revs and holds gears which drinks more fuel.

surrealjam

Jan 8, 2015
Totally off topic, but what's the reference to "Copra" in the title? Am I missing something? :p

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
You won't get much better than that. Mine is on 15k miles and sees those figures.
Do you have a 300 4wd with 7dsg?

Some friends has the new golf gti with 7speed dsg and they have no issues with exceeding 40mpg.
So I would be surprised if it is impossible to achieve 40mpg with the 7-speed and 4wd..

silles

May 4, 2017
cupra.jpg

This is probably my best so far ... and most boring :)
most of the time it's in the low 30s, when driving in London, short trips, 20-28 mpg

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria

I agree. Got 11K miles on my Cupra and averaged about 35mog disincentive I got it.

I have seen as high as 38 when driving 100% in Granny mode and as low as 14mpg when in Heavy Foot mode.

To be honest no-one buys a Cupra and expects to get mid 40’s upwards. It just isn’t going to be able to sustain. And if you actually do, then the car isn’t being used to it’s potential, so in that case what’s the point if having a Cupra.

I went into ownership knowing my fuel bill was going to rise and to me the enjoyment I get far outward the extra cost.

You only live once. Enjoy it while you can

Reactions: Hickery1995

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
I agree. Got 11K miles on my Cupra and averaged about 35mog disincentive I got it.

I have seen as high as 38 when driving 100% in Granny mode and as low as 14mpg when in Heavy Foot mode.

To be honest no-one buys a Cupra and expects to get mid 40’s upwards. It just isn’t going to be able to sustain. And if you actually do, then the car isn’t being used to it’s potential, so in that case what’s the point if having a Cupra.

I went into ownership knowing my fuel bill was going to rise and to me the enjoyment I get far outward the extra cost.

You only live once. Enjoy it while you can

Im interested in mpg purely to compare to my current car, which is a m140.
It can do low 40s on longer trips and if a Cupra can only do 30-35 on longer journeys there is no way im replacing the bimmer with one..
I had a 6-speed dsg Cupra but didn't like the high Revs in the motorway, but if they even managed to get same or even worse fuel economy on the 300 with 7-speed dsg, then it's not interesting..

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Im interested in mpg purely to compare to my current car, which is a m140.
It can do low 40s on longer trips and if a Cupra can only do 30-35 on longer journeys there is no way im replacing the bimmer with one..
I had a 6-speed dsg Cupra but didn't like the high Revs in the motorway, but if they even managed to get same or even worse fuel economy on the 300 with 7-speed dsg, then it's not interesting..

I have seen on here Cupra’s DSG 6 spd and DSG 7spd getting 40mpg on long runs so it is possible. I guess it all comes down to driving style.

Copra68

Jun 10, 2013
If anyone wants to reach or get 40mpg regularly they should have bought a 2.0tdi 184. A 2.0t around 300bhp is not set up for big mpg, on the new 290's the 7 speed makes a difference on motorway journeys, If I'm sensible on my motorway commute I've seen 38mpg average. I prefer to have a bit of fun though.

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
If anyone wants to reach or get 40mpg regularly they should have bought a 2.0tdi 184. A 2.0t around 300bhp is not set up for big mpg, on the new 290's the 7 speed makes a difference on motorway journeys, If I'm sensible on my motorway commute I've seen 38mpg average. I prefer to have a bit of fun though.

Well if you consider a BMW m140 xdrive to be equal to a 2.0 tdi, that's on you.
I got it down to about 40-42mpg on a long run with some fun along the way but mostly on cruise at 120-130.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.