Am i doing something wrong??
Been trying to sell it on ebay but i keep getting silly offers

laptop303.jpg

laptop302.jpg

laptop299.jpg

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
The car market has completely collapsed due to the recession. It's more of a buyers market than a sellers' market atm. What sort of offers do you call "silly"? I paid £1400 for my Toledo with 6 month tax, 12 months MOT, it's a 99 T reg with 82k on the clocks.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
mine is on a 53 reg, 2003 full seat service history, 71k miles, v5 leather suede retro fitted, APR EMCS stage 1 map, bailys diverter, K&N typhoon, S3 upper and lower strut brace.
its also got Weitec Hicon TX coilovers fully adjustable for height and damping, and kenwood kvt729 plus kewood freeview tv, and eibach rear anti roll bars.
maybe if i strip most of the mods i wont lose as much.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
im only looking for 3200 GBP
and plus, did i say its Taxed till October 2009 and Mot till November 2009.

(sorry my keyboard displays this sign ##########when i try to hit the British pound sign):confused:

Last edited:

nak

May 13, 2006
I don't think your doing anything wrong, just not a market out there, wrong time of the year aswell, i'm afraid it's one of them cars, that someone who wants a Toledo 1.8T, with the extra's you have, will pay for it, had mine on a auction site aswell, you probably saw it so many months back, same with me silly offers, so to be honest with you, keep yours, don't just give it away because it is not looking too good at all in the car market.

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
thanks for shedding some light of concern and sympathy.
but the the thing is, ive just bought an 05 reg Leon TDI FR+.
it looks like i'll have to insure two cars till i can get rid off this
Toledo.
at certauin moment of madness i even made an offer of 2700
but the buyer did not reply me.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
The car market has completely collapsed due to the recession. It's more of a buyers market than a sellers' market atm.

ya right there, last month alone our used sales sold 6 of it's cars and lost money on all of 'em just to clear stock a little

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
ya right there, last month alone our used sales sold 6 of it's cars and lost money on all of 'em just to clear stock a little

Ouch, i didn't realise it was that bad for used car sales. I know they weren't making asking price but didn't realise sales had practically ground to a halt!

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
im sure if i decide to break the car, i would surely get more than £1400 for the engine and gearbox, £300 for the leather seats, £300-£400 APR mapped ECU, £360 for the coilovers, £500-£600 for most of the front end bits and panels, £100 for the upper and lower strutbrace, £50 for the rear anti roll bar, £200 for the fron and rear brake calipers which are 312mm and 256mm respectively, £450 for the rims and im sure when i sum up all the other body panels we would be looking at figures close to £3000.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
im sure if i decide to break the car, i would surely get more than £1400 for the engine and gearbox, £300 for the leather seats, £300-£400 APR mapped ECU, £360 for the coilovers, £500-£600 for most of the front end bits and panels, £100 for the upper and lower strutbrace, £50 for the rear anti roll bar, £200 for the fron and rear brake calipers which are 312mm and 256mm respectively, £450 for the rims and im sure when i sum up all the other body panels we would be looking at figures close to £3000.

Some of your figures are OTT, but yeah, you'd probably make more breaking it.

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Agreed the prices are criminal but it's a buyers market for sure which is great if you don't have a car to sell, but soul destroying to get offered sweeties for a really nice motor which yours obviously is.

Fingers crossed you don't have to go down the road of breaking and get offered a fair price soon!

Oz

thevinylstore.com
Dec 21, 2004
Barnsley, Yorkshire
Have the same car, i would put it back to standard (sell the mods seperate) and i think you'll have better luck with it.

I had a Cupra R before i got the Toledo 1.8T and with a remapped engine their isnt much difference in performance to a standard Cupra R, and you get a mahoosive boot. If you can live with the understated looks, then this really is a gem of a motor that will do everything you want, including put a massive grin on your face when you floor it.

Last edited:

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
Have the same car, i would put it back to standard (sell the mods seperate) and i think you'll have better luck with it.

I had a Cupra R before i got the Toledo 1.8T and with a remapped engine their isnt much difference in performance to a standard Cupra R, and you get a mahoosive boot. If you can live with the understated looks, then this really is a gem of a motor that will do everything you want, including put a massive grin on your face when you floor it.

your are right mate.
i once raced a standard cupra R from standstill (i took off asplit second after him) and i caught up with him and pulled away from him while he was revving the nuts out of his car.
he had to pull me over to see what was under my bonnet.
the addition of a K&N typhoon has immence benefits in this cold weather.
the car seems to have a lot more torque combined with lots of revvs.

kenny-cupra

Sep 7, 2005
Renfrew

might be interested in the wheels , what spec are the abt alloy

kenny

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.