Whats the Mileage on your TDI

AndyC567

Feb 28, 2006
My 2002 Tolly TDI 100 has just gone past the 188k mark..

Still seems to be going ok, except I get the dreaded P1557 code every now and again.

Everything points to this being sticky turbo vanes..

Other than that, new rear discs and pads at every other MOT and that is about it !!

Cracking motor, I love it to death..

carl325

Oct 4, 2009
My 54 plate Cupra FR 150 TDI has 120k on the clock, still on original clutch,turbo,and exhaust. Main dealer serviced since new, 4x new glowplugs, new passenger window regulator, 1 new battery, cambelt/waterpump and tensioners at 80k, and a sensor was replaced when the EML came on.

Great car, far better than the GT TDI 150 MK4 golf i used to have. Plan to get a remap once the clutch gives way but at the moment the biting point is still very low as it's done over 100k on motorways!

Mileage is'nt an issue on these engines, just use the proper PD oil....

Goz

running on the dark stuff
Oct 28, 2004
North Hampshire
MJ + Alien,
Yes still original head and block and turbo I think. It gets a regular service/oil change. Body work is getting a bit ropey and electronics playing up a bit but still going strong:)

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
bought mine on 38k in june of 06
now on 108k and goes like stink with a clean egr
not so many miles travelled these days, so hoping will last me 5yrs at least or more

after 100k do anything special, why?
service every 10k as you should and cambelt & water pump every (debate time) 40k or 60k and you'll be fine
wash and clean every week

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Time to post this pic again :)

DSC00730.jpg

aBoijj

May 20, 2009
Midlands
Time to post this pic again :)

DSC00730.jpg

I'm guessing that's a taxi....

Mine's on 68k, of which 16k was done by me over the course of the last 20 months. Been remapped about a year now and just had its original exhaust die of tin worm on the rear bracket, such a shame ;)

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
thanks the only reason I ask is that elsewhere in the TDI forum there are a number of members who have had their Turbo go without notice. To me it seems the most expensive sign item to replace.

RLyons

Sep 20, 2010
Mine's on 63k, bought it on 51k. I am not sure whether it's going strong or not, seems OK at the moment. I hope it last well over 100k, but can't ever imagine that happening, perhaps I am just paranoid....

I am a strong believer in 5k oil changes and warming the car up - hope this extends the life of my car!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.