Whats the Mileage on your TDI

Deleted member 74601

lucky buggers uns all seem to be on low milers ive got pd130 bora just turned 170k mile today incidently just got it remapped today aswell it made 135bhp standard not bad for the miles it made 173bhp and 301lb/ft torque animal in the wet.:):)

Don't you worry, I'm doing around 30-35k a year, so I'll catch up soon :D

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
smokeyjoe and Brettyboy have you still got your original turbos ? ie have the turbos done the same high mileage without problem ?

smokeyjoe what do people say re PD engines ? Is this re the 1.9 8V or 2.0 16V PD units ?

Paul

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
n.ireland boy :)
smokeyjoe and Brettyboy have you still got your original turbos ? ie have the turbos done the same high mileage without problem ?

smokeyjoe what do people say re PD engines ? Is this re the 1.9 8V or 2.0 16V PD units ?

Paul

not sure what the second part of that question means bu afaik yeah im still on the original turbo before i bought it it had a full service history to 150k and there was no mention of a new turbo theres over 170k now and still pulls like a train and no whistley noises im more worried about cam and followers giving out before the turbo.

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
Smokejoe the above was what I was talking about in the 2nd part of the question ? ie does anyone say PDs are a bad engine ?

Paul

oo sorry mate well not a bad engine per say but they do give bother with cam and followers which is rather expensive to fix the 1.9 8v i dont think the BKD engines have the same problem.

Last edited:

winko

2004 Ibiza Cupra TDI - 73k, bought in June with 69k. First service and MOT under my ownership next month, remap possibly next year! Lots of high mileage TDI's in here, thats what I like to see

smokeyjoe

Apr 6, 2009
what is it with the low miler tdis in mainland uk over here in n.ireland its impossible to get a tdi with less than a 100k ive seen a lot of boras toledos etc 02 upwards with 150k+my brother has an 04 a3 tdi with 165k on it and usually the 1s with low miles have been clocked back.

guygreenwood

Just saw this thread whilst looking for instructions on how to replace a water pump. My '02 plate 1.9 TDI Leon has just clocked 196,000 - all done by me. Quite proud of that.
The poor old thing is suffering now though - leaking coolant, intermittent heat through blower, low power from start up until 3000 rpm (sticking turbo veins ??). Still I guess it doesn't owe me anything !!

Also, checked the fuel consumption over the last few weeks and am consistently getting 57mpg even with all these problems !!

Last edited by a moderator:

DerbyForget

Apr 1, 2012
Burton on Trent, Staffs
mines an 08' plate, has just covered 64,500 miles - thats above average but its in mint condition. owned it since april this year at 56k, looking forward to many more years trouble free motoring... however if any problems do arise i have 3 years warranty ;)

i read an article about a man who owned a VW golf mk4 1.9 TDI from new in 2002 and it is still going strong now coming up to nearly half a million miles (500,000k)! and has only had usual wear and tear items replaced :)

if mine lasts that long i will be a very happy chap indeed

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
Just saw this thread whilst looking for instructions on how to replace a water pump. My '02 plate 1.9 TDI Leon has just clocked 196,000 - all done by me. Quite proud of that.
The poor old thing is suffering now though - leaking coolant, intermittent heat through blower, low power from start up until 3000 rpm (sticking turbo veins ??). Still I guess it doesn't owe me anything !!

Also, checked the fuel consumption over the last few weeks and am consistently getting 57mpg even with all these problems !!

196,000 excellent........Anything major you've had to replace (on the Engine/Gearbox I mean). Is it original Turbo ?.......if it is Sticking vains after 196K is not bad !

Paul

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members