What's the point of N249 bypass, evap removal, secondry air system removal etc

peter_cupra197

Jun 29, 2008
cambridgeshire
Hi guys just a few quik questions

1. what is the benefit of doing the following: N249 bypass, evap removal, secondry air system removal, and there is a N....... bypas cant remember exactly but you get the idea lol any answers would be appreciated apologese as complete nooob lol

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Ok i'm in a good mood so I'll give you all the answers you need before others give you shi t (and they will!) This question pops up like rain in the UK/Netherlands lol

The N something you are referring to is the N249 valve (black box on top of manifold). Then there is 2 n112 valves which are located next to the black box, 2 copper looking things with plugs going to them.

You can remove all this. Best place to look what they do is this thread

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42406&highlight=n249+guide

here is guide to remove sai

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112034&highlight=n249+guide

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
no performance gain what so ever regardless of what any half wit says or trys to cook it to sound good

the biggest and only real advantage is you can bin all the ugly **** on top of the engine and theres less things to break down

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
no mate then you're not reading it right. its piss easy really!

as said no performance gains. Some including myself noticed their dump valve become slightly louder, but a lot of it is in your head haha

as said less chance of something breaking like an n112 falling on manifold (speaking from experience here hahaha)

ian_cupra

mine fell too, lots of short to earth faults :lol: ooops, you must have been feeling good reuvers :cartman:

its all really easy to do, just need a few resistors and some vac hose really, get it done :)

Mat

it was supposed to be one of the first, never got round to it. N249 was already done :D

need to removed SAI (secondary air intake)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
Finsihed doing mine tonight :D

Had already mechanically bypassed the N249 but removed the SAI, fitted my catch tank and removed the N112s for resistors. TBH with all the small bits you need to do the job properly (EGR blanking plate, resistors etc) it's surprisingly expensive for what you get out of it but meh, looks a lot neater and is much less to break, which these things have a habit of doing.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
expensive?? how did you get to that?

3 resistors at +- 5 quid
blanking plate another 7 quid
1 or 2 meters of 4mm vac tubing maybe a fiver

Then the catch tank was an extra that you chose to do, but even those cost only around 30 quid.

seems real cheap to me tbh