What's wrong with my door handle?

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Hi all,

my passenger front door handle no longer unlocks when the key is pressed. But once you open it from the inside, it opens and closes perfectly from either side until it's locked again with the key.

Does anyone have the part number for the right hand drive front passenger door lock mechanism?
I've found 1P1837015, could someone confirm this or supply the correct number?

also, does anyone know the difference between 8pin and 9pin connectors? Is it for different models, or rhd/lhd?

Car: 2008 Seat Leon mk2 1P1 1.6l (rhd)

Thanks very much

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks for responding. Is this the same issue? I saw that video earlier, but my handle works fine once opened from the inside. If the mechanism was bad wouldn't you be able to feel it when operating?

Mine was exactly the same, it would work once the door had been opened from the inside and sometimes on the fob, although it got progressively worse.

Given the fix in the video is really simple and cheap it’s worth a go, if it doesn’t resolve it you know you have a bigger problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: air121005 and pyro

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Mine was exactly the same, it would work once the door had been opened from the inside and sometimes on the fob, although it got progressively worse.

Given the fix in the video is really simple and cheap it’s worth a go, if it doesn’t resolve it you know you have a bigger problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

pyro

May 31, 2018
Hampshire
Thanks, just tried it out and it worked perfectly. That large trim piece was a PITA to get off even with trim tools, though! Going to leave it unassembled for a day or two just in case but it seems to be working fine.

Reactions: Sharpy

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Loch mechanism needs lubricating. Same happened to mine. Brilliant YouTube video demonstrating how to get to the mechanism and oil it. Worked

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.