Wheel Spacers - Track

smouse

Aug 4, 2019
Morning all.

My coilovers should be here soon, but looking at the back end of my LCR, the rears are going to sit quite far in, so I've started looking at spacers.

I've noticed people running massively varied setup's - from 15mm all round to just running 20mm on the rear.

Has anyone got any advice about what they run on track, on standard wheels? Do you even run spacers at all?

Thank you

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
The general consensus is that for track use spacers aren’t great, the nature of track driving pushes the limited of the car and spacers have, apparently, been known to cause wheels to come loose and in the extreme fall off... I’ve got spacers on mine but if I went on track I’d take hem out... and probably end up with new wheels with a bigger offset as the callipers won’t fit otherwise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smouse

Aug 4, 2019
The general consensus is that for track use spacers aren’t great, the nature of track driving pushes the limited of the car and spacers have, apparently, been known to cause wheels to come loose and in the extreme fall off... I’ve got spacers on mine but if I went on track I’d take hem out... and probably end up with new wheels with a bigger offset as the callipers won’t fit otherwise...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used spacers, on track, on other cars before without issue but I've seen a few people saying that's 15mm's catch on the LCR's - so definitely don't want that.

(New wheels is definitely the end goal, just not right now.)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
The just wouldn’t do it if I were you.
Not on track.
Have 2 mates who have had issues with spacers on.
One of them lost 2 bolts in one day.
All were torqued up prior to track day too.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

DamianPM

Mar 26, 2008
Newcastle/Durham
Morning all.

My coilovers should be here soon, but looking at the back end of my LCR, the rears are going to sit quite far in, so I've started looking at spacers.

I've noticed people running massively varied setup's - from 15mm all round to just running 20mm on the rear.

Has anyone got any advice about what they run on track, on standard wheels? Do you even run spacers at all?

Thank you

As long as you stick with hub centric and get the correct length bolts you should be fine.

I'd say 10mm front and 15mm rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: smouse

smouse

Aug 4, 2019
As long as you stick with hub centric and get the correct length bolts you should be fine.

I'd say 10mm front and 15mm rear.

Damian @ DPM Performance

That's what I've ran before with hub centric and longer bolts.

That sounds good tbh (10 and 15). Thank you!

Reactions: DamianPM

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I've tried 2 different pairs of 15mm spacers on the rear of my LCR and neither of them fitted properly due to the hub depth.

Which brand actually fit as I didn't want to go up to 20mm?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

smouse

Aug 4, 2019
I've tried 2 different pairs of 15mm spacers on the rear of my LCR and neither of them fitted properly due to the hub depth.

Which brand actually fit as I didn't want to go up to 20mm?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was going to stick with Bimecc as they haven't seen me wrong so far on other cars.

What brands did you use?

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
You could always go for different wheels and run a different off set.
Problem with spacers is that then you have a wheel . Disc and then a spacer that all heat and contract a different rates. If you got a spacer that's almost like a frame work it will cool quicker dispersing it's heat and so ally grows and shrinks miles different to steel.
So you pull in the pits. The spacer cools quicker then go back out and the vibration will in do the nuts as now there is less torque on the nuts as the spacer shrinks. Most if not all too level and high end race cars run different systems stopping wheel nuts coming off they may in do and then stop at a clip or some thing. But now days they shouldn't come off.
This is why after every track session you should undo and retorque the wheels.

Reactions: mty12345

seatturbopower

Aug 1, 2012
birmingham
Morning all.

Thank you

Hi bud, just to let you know that id wait and see how I got on before I posted my reply, so the weekend just gone ive covered about 1400 miles or so including a trip to the ring,im running 15mm rear spacers only.lowered with 55/45mm setup on kws.....after each lap id check the rear wheels and all was ok torqued up to specs as well, all good. Its worth having as I noticed it had stopped the rear from stepping out.