Wheel touch up paint

Mar 13, 2011
Will a dealer be able to supply a touch up stick for the standard cupra wheels? If not, where can I go for one? Noticed when washing the car just now the front offside wheel has a chip. It's not a kerb accident, looks more like a stone chip, but I know it will catch my eye every time I look at the car.

WheelChip.jpg

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Don't think you can get a wheel touch up stick from the dealers.

I went to the local model shop and bought a small tin of humbrol model paint that was a very close match to the wheels of my Ibiza.

Mar 13, 2011
Can you get colour charts from VAG dealers then? I know you get them in the car brochures but haven't seen stand alone ones. Might pop down to the big motor factors in the next town as I think they mix paint to order. Not sure if they will mix such a small quantity though.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I just fixed a chip on my wheel on the spoke and used the VW/Audi platinum grey LD7X and can confirm it's a very good match. It was £3.90 from "extreme auto accessories" on amazon and requires no lacquer as it is a special mix touchup stick. Well pleased.

Reactions: jimiC
Mar 13, 2011
I just fixed a chip on my wheel on the spoke and used the VW/Audi platinum grey LD7X and can confirm it's a very good match. It was £3.90 from "extreme auto accessories" on amazon and requires no lacquer as it is a special mix touchup stick. Well pleased.

Cheers fella. I'm going to order some now as I'm off work next week. A full spring detailing session is on the cards (weather permitting). Will do a wheels off reseal job and attempt to touch in that chip while I'm at it.

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site

Ah good news, good guess eh :)
Actually my last car was a platinum grey vw so had a good reference! Got a stick too so will be keeping that...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.