When hitting the home button....

Mar 25, 2008
fail_thread.jpg

If people want to go to forum index they click home, if they want to go to 'seatcupra.net' then they click the big seatcupra.net banner.

Its pretty simple...or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside
Apologies to those who create the content for the main site, but I never use it.

I like the Home button doing just as it does as I can use it to go back to the index where ever I am in the forum.

If it was found to be an issue I would think the cleanest solution would be to have a button on the toolbar.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
The news site often called the main site tends to be the first port of call for new users who don't automatically discover the forums, the aim of which is to draw people to the forum.

It also brings in traffic from search engines as we are carrying lots of news and other information regarding SEAT which helps keep our profile high in regards to search rankings.

The site design has got a bit long in the tooth anyway, and most traffic is directed to it from the forum, but it does still help increase the site search rankings.

There is no real need to directly link the forum back to the homepage, as any content of interest is more often than not discussed and linked to the forum anyway for general digestion.

Home is designed to link back to the forum index only and won't be changing.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Apologies to those who create the content for the main site, but I never use it.

I like the Home button doing just as it does as I can use it to go back to the index where ever I am in the forum.

If it was found to be an issue I would think the cleanest solution would be to have a button on the toolbar.

I have to agree.

I think when the forum redesign happened last year (or the year before, cant remember) the home button did briefly go back to the main site home page, which I found quite annoying and it was then changed to its current function.

Given that the site banner takes you back to the main site anyway I think this is a non issue.

We should probably have a poll or something - but I dont think many people look at the main site.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Imo it's now odd that the guides and suchlike exist on the main site. (I'm not talking about the news content of the main site). I believe they should all be moved into the forums as FAQs / guides in the relevant sections. Something that may be addressed in the future........

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise