When was RCL introduced ?

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
Been a while since last on here as I have,nt had a Seat .Anyway, looked at an Arosa 1.4 TDi for my niece, nippy little motor , ex condition etc. It,s a 2001 Y reg and has central locking, but would have thought it had RCL .
Can anyone confirm if it should have RCL, and if it should and the key,s been lost,what,s the best way to get a replacement remote key.
Thanks .

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
Did a search, cars a Phase 1 with light colour interior, so I expect it to not have RCL.

Retro fit maybe ?

Silver_Bullet

Did a search, cars a Phase 1 with light colour interior, so I expect it to not have RCL.

Retro fit maybe ?

Neil, my Tdi is 2001 Y reg with the dreaded light coloured seats and it DOES have remote central locking. It may have been an option which the original purchaser of my car chose to include.

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
Ta for the reply. Iv,e managed to contact the previous owner who confirmed it does have RCL,but the key fell to bits and wasn,t replaced due to cost.

Still need a spare key,local firm quoted £120 for a flip remote key !!!.
Might just fit a cheap remote kit then get a key cloned,or can I use the remote part from a 04 leon when I have a spare key ? Reading the guide on programming, it should work ,shouldn,t it ?

HalfOfZero

The Red Arouser
I have no idea about all the electric stuff.. been looking into some remote central locking though. My Arouser has none :(
Anyway, I've read elsewhere of a crafty man who took his standard key, and got it placed into a vw flip key.. No idea.

My best friend has a 06 passat, I want to steal his spare flip key :(

Is there any difference between a 'cheap' rcl kit and a vw one? The company "rclick" keeps croping up..

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
Just looked on the rclick site,seems decent enough to me,even get the blank keys ,which can accomodate the immob chip !

So,£26 kit, new immob chip,2 keys cut and 1 chip cloned,got to be less than £120,,and would end up with 2 flip remotes.

If I fitted RCL to a non CL Cavalier a few years ago then I,m sure fitting to an Arosa is a piece of cake.

HalfOfZero

The Red Arouser
Just looked on the rclick site,seems decent enough to me,even get the blank keys ,which can accomodate the immob chip !

So,£26 kit, new immob chip,2 keys cut and 1 chip cloned,got to be less than £120,,and would end up with 2 flip remotes.

If I fitted RCL to a non CL Cavalier a few years ago then I,m sure fitting to an Arosa is a piece of cake.

Let me know how it goes man, that's exactly what I'm looking to do but as I say, I know not a thing about electronics and whatever needs done.. which sucks Haha.

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
If the car has the door lock/unlock button on door panel then a CL motor is already in drivers door,so basically all you need is a wiring diagram(which rclick can supply),identify the lock/unlock wires and splice into them,then permanant live and an earth connection.

I,m wondering if the supplied remotes are on the same freq as the car,might not even need to install the kit,just link remotes to car using the spare key system.

MiiTCH-AROSA

My x reg has rcl but it don't work I need the ker re-coded with the car fml!! But I'm not paying 100 quid for it :(

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
To anyone wanting to upgrade their central locking to remote locking, it is very easy to do.
Installed a Rclick kit today,all but 2 of the wires are behind the bonnet release cover,the other 2 on steering column . The kit is spot on for £29.

I followed this guide from a Lupo forum

The plugs you need are down in the drivers footwell, behind the bonnet pull. You need to get the bonnet pull off (On the back of the handle, near the top is a 1 inch square, push this in and the pull will spring off)
Remove the screw holding the cover on and pull it off towards the back of the car.
To wire it in you need to use the middle (brown) plug for most wires (+12v, Lock and Unlock) and the blue plug is used for Window Wind Up.

Red wire (+12v) connects to the Thick Blue/yellow wire in the brown plug.
White Wire (Lock) Goes to the Grey/Yellow in the brown plug
White/Black (Unlock) Goes to the Blue/violet in the brown plug
Green (Window roll up) Goes to the Grey/yellow in the blue plug.
Black (earth) use the screw that holds the silver bracket to the kick panel next to the door shut.
Yellow and Yellow/Black - Ground both of these
This leaves you with the 2x brown wires for the indicators, which go to the white/black and green/black wires in the steering column
If you look up under the dash, under where the fuse box is you'll see a white frame that holds a few connectors and relays. My little box fitted up the back of this pretty well i just used the sticky pad to get it up there. Dont forget to put the fuse somewhere you can get to later in case anything goes wrong.

neil72

Apr 30, 2006
durham
To add to that guide, remove lower part of column plastic (3 torx screws),and plastic cover under dash( 4 torx screws ).The indicator wires are on the right hand side of the column,think it was a red plug.
The main unit was cable tied to the white frame ,and sits perfectly between that and the under dash panel.

Get one bought as it really is a piece of p**s .

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.