Where are all the Mk4 Owners?

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
Hi there,

Just joined as I have bought myself a 13 Reg Seat Toledo 1.6 Tdi and love it, however there are very few posts in this section?

Are all the owners that happy or is there another section here for them? :)

Deleted member 67732

after having persuaded the people who run this site to include the new Toledo, as you correctly state, very few use the facility.
perhaps not all that many owners use this site

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
after having persuaded the people who run this site to include the new Toledo, as you correctly state, very few use the facility.
perhaps not all that many owners use this site

Yes maybe not, there seems to be a few Toledo owners over on Briskoda.net?
Are you happy with yours?

Deleted member 67732

yes, there does seem to be more activity on the "other forum" and they make owners of the seat Toledo welcome.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
SEATCUPRA.net conjures images of need for speed and Leon CUPRA 280's.

Toledo MK4s are mostly for older people and cabbies.

Almost mutually exclusive customer sets?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
41?

ancient;)

I'm 52, and the Toledo is the best car I've had since I let my Audi coupe go in '93

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
You guys make me feel like I have totally wrong car,

I have 14 plate Toledo 1.2 SE Nav and i'm only 24, but I love it, altho I wish I would hit the economy figures stated or get somewhere close

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
You guys make me feel like I have totally wrong car,

I have 14 plate Toledo 1.2 SE Nav and i'm only 24, but I love it, altho I wish I would hit the economy figures stated or get somewhere close

I drive like a Granpa (I'm not!) on a 25 mile each way commute, and I couldn't beat 49/50 mpg in summertime.

Winter temperatures cost about 5mpg, Aircon costs 3 mpg, wide tyres(215/40) cost 3 to 5 mpg. Any stops on your journey cost mpg as you accelerate.

It is a great motor but getting good mpg out of it is a nightmare.

There is a 150+ post thread on the Briskoda Rapid forums about it.

and I've just re-read an old post of mine - low tyre pressures thump your mpg as well.

Last edited:

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Yeah I read about the Pressure, I find even with CC on at 65 it doesn't get much above 45 most the time

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
If I had the smaller alloys on, I reckon mine would average 52/53 on my commute, but my journey gets a bit stop start at one end. If it wasnt for that 5 miles, accelerating from 0-60 5 times, I think I could hit maybe 55mpg which is damn close to the factory overall figure, and indeed one of the Briskoda guys gets around that from his Rapid TSi 105.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
on way home tonight i'm going to go very easy n throttle and see what I can achieve, its a mixture of A roads Single and Duel and Lanes plus town so a good mixture and including some harder acceleration, i'm thinking of getting some Redex to help clean the pipes :) guess it will change on daily basis sometimes I have clear roads other times old grannies with speed fluctuating by 10 MPH constantly,

I may look over at Briskoda just to see what gets said about the cars and any tips for the MPG I do miss my Ibiza TDI

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Well done 20 mile journey taking 43 mins and managed 45.5 mpg but I was lucky most the lanes were clear ahead so I was able to maintain speed

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Why is that?
I need a diesel for mileage I do at work, I find it very queit for a diesel

When I drove one I found the engine noisy and rough - wildly so in comparison with the TSI. Also the ride was noticeably worse in the heavier car.

Those 2 test drives convinced me that I'd be unhappy every day if I splashed 14k on the TDi but totally content with 12.5k on the TSi. The other brand new car on my list at that price point had such a hideous interior when I got in - I didn't even test drive it.

Sporty looking cars and diesels dont go together IMO.

I was aghast at the first diesel Alfa I saw - and heard!

I've had a few diesels and the PSA and Mitsubishi have been fine, But our FIAT JTD is horrible.
I got out of a brand new TDi Toledo into my 14 year old Proton diesel - The ride was equally bad, but the old heap had a way smoother engine.

SWMBO has a horrid diesel, but then it's a FIAT Multipla so its not just the motor thats yuk.:D

Still we all normally buy what we need and can afford, I think the Toledo was the first car for 20 years that I bought because I really wanted it.

irl_techie

Mar 8, 2015
I know what you mean, SWMBO has a Mazda 5 1.8 Petrol and that engine is very quiet , the engine in the Toledo is not that noisy compared to other diesels out there at the moment.

My wife had a test drive of a Qashqai and boy was that noisy. ;)

Last edited:

SaxophoneMn

Jul 14, 2015
I got the TDI, in Israel with the weird taxes for new immigrants the Diesel was cheaper than the petrol version. I drove this morning 65km and that was only on 1.5l of Diesel!

I'm also under 35, the Toledo happens to be the cheapest Diesel automatic sold here. It's even cheaper than the Skoda Rapid and the trim is higher!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise