Where have you taken your car!

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Ok, so i have had my Leon ST for a couple of years and treated it (and myself) to a couple of European road trips. I like to visit sites of historical and military interest and have visited the Normandy Coast ( D Day landing sites), Pegasus Bridge, the Somme including the Lochnagar crater, Beaumont Hamel, Ancre and other military cemeteries. Vimy Ridge, Oppy Wood, Amiens, La Coupole V2 rocket site in France. Done lots around Ypres in Belgium, Menin Gate ( Last Post bugled every night) Tyne Cot Cemetery, Zonnebeke, Passchendaele, Yorkshire Trench, Hellfire Corner, Polygon Wood, Essex Farm and a few more. Arnhem, Remagen, Mohne Dam, Colditz, Berlin, Eagles Nest, Werfen Castle and even got as far as Stalag Luft 3 in Poland.
I have fulfilled a long term goal to visit as many places as possible and if you have similar interests then get yourself over there, so much to see. I have nothing but praise for the Commonwealth War Graves Commission who keep the cemeteries and other sites in immaculate condition, which is of utmost importance out of respect for those that did not return.
Right, now it's your turn! where have you taken your car? Regards, Rooster.

Last edited:

X3RN

Nov 11, 2018
Norfolk, UK
The furthest I took my previous Leon was from Norfolk UK to Inverness Scotland. With my current Leon I'm planning a trip to France next year and maybe even a trip to the Nurburgringonce I've got a few more mods on it :)

Reactions: Rooster

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've done the rutland UK to Koln Germany trip 3 times now. . Nice 11 hour drive in one day is always fun! Got 430 miles to a tank with 4 guys and kit in the car.

Ive done UK to Belgium (gent) a few times and I drive from rutland UK to Blackburn every other week for work for a good blow out lol

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
the furthest ive been is scotland (glas) and it was such an amazing drive up there. at the time, my stereo was locked out so i was using a bluetooth speaker to listen to music - it was horrendous but i was so happy on the way there and back :)

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I drove to Newquay last year. The last Shell station with V-Power was Exeter. I got stuck in traffic on the way back before I could get back to Exeter and it suggested a 30 mile diversion. Which I didn't have enough fuel for according to the MFD. So I had to pull off the road for 2 hours whilst they cleared an accident and everyone else followed the diversion!

Som

Oct 1, 2018
Furthest I managed to take mines so far since I picked it up was to Fife and back over the newer Queensferry crossing.

Not planning any road trips until spring I think when I might venture further up north with some mates, possibly a camping trip of sorts.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Taken the Leon to the French alps. It was a motorway drive down, super easy and pleasant trip. My wife and I took turns driving and did it on one go. Some good roads down there.

Only mistake I made was putting rubbish fuel in it, I didn't realise there was two sets of pumps at a services and one was an agricultural fuel, the black smoke out of the back was horrendous... I thought I had killed it.

No plans for next year just yet... but im sure there will be.

Reactions: Rooster and X3RN