Where is the Cheapest CARISTA available from please

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
As above.

I borrowed mine and lost all the settings after the recall. Where is best place to buy please.

QUERY
What is the CARISTA PRO APP lifetime subscription for £4.95 on Ebay for.
Is that good to get too?

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Just jumping in here, I'd think that it will cost the same from any source, the dongle can be cheaper at times from Amazon, any new car diagnostic app like Carista will be very carefully protected against anyone changing their official prices - I'd think.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks.
Here's hoping someone wants to sell theirs then if not using a compatible car anymore.

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
How does carista compare to obd eleven? I have the latter with pro version and do coding manually and think it works well.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Thanks.
Here's hoping someone wants to sell theirs then if not using a compatible car anymore.

Only thing, the dongles are very cheap, the membership/licence is not transferrable - so no one can sell their membership/licence on, it just stops being used.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
The official price is £15.99 with 1 month trial. That will give you plenty of time to put all the changes, plus more, back on. At that price I wouldn't be wasting my time trying to save a couple of quid.

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Someone who had one lent it to me to use.
He must have bought a sub then as it seemed he had it a while and still worked for me

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Is Carista/OBD11 worth it on a 68 FR Sport (edit...is there much to enable is what I mean as I understand the benefits of error code reading if necessary but I have an old OBD2 for that) and if so what options do most people enable...

I was reading about the setting and think most are already enabled on my vehicle...although I would love to change the headlight washer activation but other than that don’t think there’s much to add? With Carista anyway...maybe more with obd11 but I’m not into manual coding.

Last edited:

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Do you keep the Carista in all the time to monitor VAG DPF? I only plug mine in when I get home and it's in the middle of a regen.

Yes - I leave the dongle plugged in all of the time. You can then open VAG DPF any time the engine is running and have a quick look. It's only when it gets into the 90% zone that you know a regen will be due soon and might want to monitor it more closely. When it gets to that point I'll keep the app open so I can monitor the regen and know when it's done (and see if any coolant have been sprayed out of the expansion tank due to a heater matrix issue).

I also use inCarDoc Pro to monitor a few bits. I only really got it to monitor my coolant temps as the dashboard one is rubbish. Anything between 75 degrees C and 102 degrees and it just sits at 90.

I've also used the Carista app to tweak the usual suspects:
Dual dial sweep
Chirp on lock/unlock
Rear DLR's
Mirrors fold on lock

I've found the Carista dongle and other apps to be really helpful, particularly for monitoring DPF regens.

Reactions: GeoffGeoff