Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Where should I post a part request?

Discussion in '** FORUM RULES & FAQ - Please Read **' started by aoakley, Apr 11, 2012.

1. aoakley

aoakley Active Member

I've read several threads about reclaiming some glovebox space by ditching my CD changer and replacing it with a sleeve (part 1M08686591UQ ). Unfortunately the SEAT dealer network does not stock the sleeve anymore so I help finding one.

I note the parts classified section is currently closed, as the admins got fed up with people moaning about getting scammed.

In the mean time, where would be the best place for me to post such a "part wanted" request?

If the answer is "nowhere, don't do it"; fine; can I rephrase the question as "can anyone recommend where I might purchase..." instead?

I am quite aware of the risks with classifieds and paypal etc. but I appreciate that the admins may have got fed up with others getting scammed. I'm a newbie so I don't want to annoy anyone, but at the same time, I need some help locating a place to buy this part.

Thanks for any advice.

2. markmeus

markmeus Mark Graham

Did one SEAT dealer tell you it was no longer available or did multiple ones say that. Some of them are lazy and can't be bothered looking up awkward parts

It seems David at SERE was still selling these in January this year which is why i doubt it's been discontinued, so I'd start by asking him if its still available. http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=323463&highlight=1M08686591UQ

If he can't get it, no one can!

3. Brummy

Brummy Nazi Moderator-Bot

in essence, youve answerd your own questions in so much as knowing the the Classified section *both parts sales AND wanteds is closed . only thing i could suggest is to post a querie with one of the dealers on the forum and see if that has any results.. other than that , its what everyone else has to do at the moment, and trawl the 'bay etc