Where to buy new FR Alloys from a dealer plus get a discount?

Shric0

Jul 15, 2018
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase some new FR alloys for my Seat Leon mk3. Anybody know of a dealer who'd give a discount when purchasing these?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
There are 2 dealers in here in the sponsored section you can try but dealer typically do not just give discounts.

You would get them cheaper buying from ebay

Shric0

Jul 15, 2018
Cheers all.

I've contacted one of the dealers plus I'll keep a look out in the "for sale" thread.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
you don't see many second hand sets of those wheels about. I've kept my eye open for a single one for a while now - just to have a full sized spare or in case i pothole one of mine. Any I did see were £££'s.

The ebay link you posted, I doubt the wheels will be brand new. They'll probably be either low mileage or refurbed/resprayed.

Also they've fitted some of the cheapest budget eco ditchfinder tyres on the market.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Ive had a price from a dealer, nearly £423 per wheel! Gobsmacked to say the least!! Not sure why they cost so much when there's thousands of sets from all differing brands at £500 plus per 4.
Anyway.....saw these and thought about getting them but, I'm not to sure as the price seems very cheap?! Could they be fakes?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-Seat-...052474?hash=item3b12b6fc3a:g:zmoAAOSwi6RbNPQD

Any thought appreciated.

Cheers

They’ve been described as Seat Leon FR Style wheels. Sellers will use the term ‘style’ if they’re replicas. Also, the width and offset of the wheels in the eBay ad are 8” and ET45 whereas the genuine Seat Leon 18” alloys have a width of 7.5” and an offset of ET51. Therefore, pretty safe to assume these aren’t the genuine article, but they’re replicas.

Also, be aware that some replica imported alloys may not have been subjected to the same stringent quality and safety checks as OEM alloys. OEM alloys will be TUV, ABE or JWL certified, which is an indication of a good quality alloy, and they should have the certification mark stamped into the rear of one of the spokes on the wheel, along with the wheel spec (size details) and the Seat logo. When I bought a second set of OEM alloys for my VW, they also came with safety / quality certification documentation, and impressed into the rear of the spokes, each wheel had the spec, VW logo and the safety / quality mark.

Some ‘cheap’ imported alloys may not have the same structural integrity as OEM wheels, so will be more susceptible to damage, such as buckling and cracking if you’re unfortunate enough to hit a pothole.

If you are considering buying these wheels, I’d ask the seller who the manufacturer is, and whether or not they have the safety / quality certification documentation. I’d also ask for some pictures of the reverse of the wheel, so you can see what information is stamped into the spokes. If you’re not happy with the response, then you can walk away.

Shric0

Jul 15, 2018
Thanks for all your replies.

I'll keep a look out for a second hand set, might get lucky, you never know.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
is there a whole market for fake OE wheels ?
obviously I can understand fakes of desirable high end wheel, I didn't think they would bother with more run of the mill stuff.

As above, ask to see the markings on the reverse of the wheel. Manufacturer stamp, part numbers, etc

ukoldschool

Apr 12, 2012
I had a set of 4 for sale for about a month on here and ebay with no takers... still have a single one for sale.....

Shric0

Jul 15, 2018
Hmmmmm......tpms (tyre pressure monitoring service). I take it if I have new alloys I'll have to have tpms installed on them as its now a mot failure if the warning light is lite up on your dashboard?

Can someone please advise.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hmmmmm......tpms (tyre pressure monitoring service). I take it if I have new alloys I'll have to have tpms installed on them as its now a mot failure if the warning light is lite up on your dashboard?

Can someone please advise.
The TPMS does not use sensors in the wheel.
It uses the abs sensors and measures/compares the rotating speed of the wheels to decide if one has lost pressure.

Deleted member 103408

As DEANO said so all you have to do is drive around for 5 minutes then do a reset and your light will go out again.

Shric0

Jul 15, 2018
Got lucky and found some 18" fr wheels with continental sport contact 5 tyres that all have even wear. 2 have 4.5mm and 2 7mm, with the Added bonus they have a 2017 date code. 3 alloys are in excellent condition and the other one has a 4" bit of road rash (nothing to worry about). Well pleased!

Shric0

Jul 15, 2018
Do I now have to change my tyre pressures with 18" wheels with lower profile tyres? (225/40/r18). My 3 door 1.2tsi sc came with 17" wheels and recommended tyre pressures of 29 front, 26 rear (225/45/r17).
What do fr sc say in the fuel cap?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.