Where to go for custom s/s exhaust around staffordshire???

AidyB

Anyone know of any good quality custom exhaust place's around staffordshire/south cheshire??? Just not A & A silencers! they're pants!

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
I can recomend Unique Exhaust at Stafford,,back of the brewery off common lane? I've used him more than once 01752/151111:) p.s. don't go neer those clowns off weston rd at Crewe(kof)

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
dont go to powerflow either. looks nice as you drive out the workshop door but give it a couple of years and you will regret it!

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
i went to the autosport show yesterday and magnaflow were there! the people that do all the top quality american stuff! having watched all those american shows (overhaulin, american hotrod, wrecks to ritches usa, etc,etc) for a number of years, ive often thought why dont they come over here as some of the crap we got is laughable. they`ve just opened up in heathrow and use top quality stuff. i know its a bit far but its worth a thought if you are planning on keeping the car fot a while!

AidyB

Just an update to this thread, i've now had my exhaust made/fitted at Unique Exhausts in Stafford (powerflow agent)! The bloke there did a superb job of my turbo back system and at a real good price, far better than these miltek rip off systems, for just as good quality! Hence the power flow lifetime guarantee. Tel. 01782 215111

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
Just an update to this thread, i've now had my exhaust made/fitted at Unique Exhausts in Stafford (powerflow agent)! The bloke there did a superb job of my turbo back system and at a real good price, far better than these miltek rip off systems, for just as good quality! Hence the power flow lifetime guarantee. Tel. 01782 215111

so, what were you charged?
put some pics up mate

AidyB

It cost me £220 for the complete system, will get pics this weekend if the weather holds off! Blum'in snow!

Bobby.Gee

Leon Cupra R 210
Jan 2, 2010
if i could get a full custom system around here that i could trust for that much id do it....

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
It cost me £220 for the complete system, will get pics this weekend if the weather holds off! Blum'in snow!

thats is really cheap, do you know the fitter or did you constantly wink at him? :D

i wish there was one near me ... especially to do it at that price

AidyB

I originally asked for CAT back system, which he quoted £220 for and the reason for that was because I though that this new law meant I'd need a CAT on for my MOT, but I was assured that it's only the petrol models that would need a CAT due to emissions, so after discussing that I got him to do the whole lot from the turbo, but there isn't a section I can take out to refit the CAT, but he said if I did have any problems just take it back and he'd sort it! Just to add as well he rolled a rather nice 5series BMW off the ramps before mine and when a mate of mine went for his he had a Lambo waiting to have one done!

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
mate, i wanna get this done too. might book a day off work and head over there. its about 1hr from me so not too far!
not too sure about your CAT issue but my guess is that you will need one.

taken this from topgear website:
Why should I have a catalytic converter?

If your car was fitted after 1st August 1992 with a catalytic converter from new, you need to have one for the MoT. It needs to be in good working order to comply with the Government's emissions legislation. The engine has been designed to work with a Cat and besides giving out toxic emissions, the performance will be reduced if your Cat is not working properly. You will fail the annual MoT if you either it is not present or it is not in good working order.

Can I remove my Cat?

If your car was registered after 1st August 1992 you must have the Cat present and working for the MoT. Previously registered cars can have the Cat permanently removed.

check with others though on this.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.