Wheres me coolant gone?

symonyssus

A bit too far for me, but thanks for the heads up...

A few of my mates have mentioned the same mechanic for VAG related issues, I'll give him a ring (if necessary!) and see what he's like.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Round the back of the engine there's a coolant hose which connects there. It has an o ring seal in it which fails and leaks when cold. No leakage when hot though usually, so have a look at that.

symonyssus

The coolant level hasn't moved since Friday morning when I tried to start it, I think it's an airlock. I should have taken it straight back to the dealer when I noticed the coolant level wasn't right... Talk about learning from your mistakes!

symonyssus

Update - SEAT actually came out to my place as I refused to top up the coolant with water and drive it down. So they had a look over it and agreed there was no obvious sign of a leak and think from my description it was an airlock. They topped up the coolant and took it back to the dealership to bleed the system. Just got it back and it's sitting on the Max mark (engine is hot). Not taken it for a drive as I feel rubbish today but it looks like the Toledo lives to fight another day!

Again, thanks to all of you folk that have posted to assist!!!! :)

symonyssus

Ok, few days have now passed and the level hasn't moved so almost definitely just an airlock. Thanks to all of you for your assistance again!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members